Chapter 45

*Taehyung's pov*

Tears threatened to roll down on my cheeks as I struggled to deal with somersaulting emotions in my mind. Pain, longing, betrayal and anger overtook me helplessly causing the situation feel even worse. The guards outside Laughed mockingly chattering among themselves how pitiful the next king is. Angry words threatened to escape from my mouth, but I swallowed it back not wanting to worsen the situation and instead trying to find a way out of this. I can't act reckless and wait here until my princess charming appears on her shining armor to save me. 

"Oh lady Kayla!" I heard one of the guard greeting and that's when I snapped my head to glare at the new comer.  The girl chattered with all the guards offering them food from the basket she carried ignoring my burning gaze on her figure.

"Oh it's just a little treat for your hard work. Enjoy!" She answered when one of the guard mention she didn't had to do it. Oh honey don't get fooled by that sweet act of hers. She fooled all of us for years only to back-stab on a situation when we least expected. Finally after finishing all her chit chats with those guards she came to stand in front of those cold metals looking down at me with her usual smile. How I wish I could have been able to see through that fake smile before. "Are you hungry Tae?" My blood boiled hearing her using that same sweet voice like a caring mother.

"Don't call me that!" I seethed in anger, turning my head away not wanting to see a glimpse of that betrayer's face.

"Rude!" She chuckled as I heard her shuffling to see she is siting in front of me on that dirt floor. If it wasn't for these metal bars that separated us I would have strangled her neck already. Looking at her only makes me worry about my Amy! I don't care what she did to me, but how can she turn her back on the girl who trusted her the most like she is her own sister? I turned away from her with a glare as she slowly placed the basket away getting all comfortable in there. Like I would even acknowledge her presence! 

"Don't you want to know?" She mused catching my attention.

"Would you tell the truth?" I scoffed sarcastically. Yes I want to know the reason behind why she turned her back against us, but after everything she did how could I even believe she would be honest. 

"I think you deserve a explanation at least!" She shrugged causing me to grit my teeth as she had me there and she is aware about it too.

"Why?" I questioned deciding to listen to the sappy story she prepared since I have nothing else to do. Perhaps I can find a clue to get out from her. 

"Long story in short! You are aware about the blood bath in the history your father created to save your mum?" She pointed out causing me to nod my head st her as I recalled the story. How couldn't I when the whole kingdom talks about it almost in every special occasion just to remember what kind of a man my father is. "Well the man that kidnapped your mum and got killed by your father is non other than my uncle!" I scrunched my face in confusion. There are lot of loopholes in her explanation. Understanding the confusion draped over my expressions she began to further explain. "Sam or the villain of your father's love story had a brother who is going to be the next alpha of their pack which so happened to be my father!" She explained giving me a little understanding. But I still don't get how he is her father. As much as I know Kayla is from my pack. "After that incident my grand father went insane and tried to kill his eldest son which ended on my mum sacrificing her own life to save her mate." Well that's sad! 

"And grandpa killed himself after that leaving my dad with a new born baby. So like in all those stories my father became hungry for revenge blaming your father for destroying his perfect family." The way she said that doesn't sounds like she is blaming my father for anything like her father. It looks like she is describing how stupid his fathers reasons are. I sat properly straightening my posture wanting to listen more as she started to sounds like insulting her father more than defending him.