Chapter 28

*Amanda's pov*

Everything is normal, At least it seemed like normal. But nothing went unnoticed by me. The murmuring behind my back, the occasion starring, the latest updates in social medias and the rumors that spreading around about me. Nothing went unnoticed by me. It's Friday. Finally the big day of school. Football match with the new captain of the team. My mate. But what everyone was focusing their attention is not that. They are rather interest in gossiping about the latest incidents that took place my life than focusing on the match. And as usual I didn't give a damn about it. I have to cheer my mate my best friend. So I payed my attention in it rather than wasting my time listening to their useless ramblings.

"We gotta hurry up!" Kayla screeched next to me particularly dragging me towards the ground. The match will start soon and almost everyone in our school is there to cheer for our school. Even the parents of players are allowed to watch it. But since my mate's parents aren't here his guardian Jin oppa and his mate decide to join us.

"Relax Kay! Jhope and Jimin will save a seat for us." I pulled back slowing down her speed.

"It's not about the seat idiot. You gotta go and wish him luck before the match start as his girlfriend." She said again pulling my hand and walking towards the boys locker room. I scowled.

"I am not!" I protest. 

"Yeah yeah... keep telling yourself that. Who gonna believe it?" She uttered waving my statement off. True! Who would believe me if I said I am not his girlfriend after he claimed me as his in front of the whole school yesterday. Suddenly she halt in her track causing me to bump on to her back.

"What the fu-" Before I could curse at her she placed her palm on my mouth motioning me to keep quiet earning a confused look from me. She gestured her head ahead and what I saw made my blood boil. There stood in front of the boys locker room my handsome mate and that bitch of a ex friend Naeun. Kayla was about to walk towards them, but before she could I pulled her hand back halting her on her steps. I want to see what that bitch is planing to do. I swear if she so much as laid a nail on my mate I will sn-

"I like You Taehyung!" My breath hitched as I halt on my thoughts of planing how to murder her on my head when those four words escaped from Naeun's mouth. Kayla bit her bottom lip holding a gasp back as I stood there rotten and bewilderment. Not only me. My mate looked taken aback from that statement too. He is clad in his football uniform ready to step into the ground. The only thing he lack is his captain jersey which is in my bag-pack right now. His shock gaze soon turned into a suspicious one as he narrowed those thick bushy eyebrows of his glaring down at her. That shy, scared boy is nowhere to be seen within him as he clearly intimate his former bully.

"What kind of a trick you are planing to play on me?" He asked in a rough tone not showing a light gentleness at all. "After all these years of bullying me and throwing nasty remarks at me, you start to like me out of the blue?" He scoffed in sarcasm as the girl in front of him winced at those words. A look of extreme guilt took over Naeun as she start to wither  under his gaze.

"I-I was scared...." She trailed off not knowing what to say. My mate let out a 'I am so done!' kind of a sigh which panicked her. "Y-You caught my attention the moment I stepped in this school. But you never even once look at me. Your eyes were always on her. Only on her. Amanda!" I felt my throat going dry when she confessed that. He has been looking at me all those years. He must had seen every single public moment I had with my Ex. Like when ever we kissed, cuddled, walked hand in hand, flirt and many more. He must have seen all of them. Yet he claimed me as his. He want me as his.

"I wanted your attention. I tried throwing remarks at you, but you ignored me. I bullied you. Yet not even once you looked into my eyes. I was totally invisible for you!" Naeun let out frustrated. "No matter what I did, Your eyes always searched for her. Your eyes was always on her, even when she has her eyes on someone else so lost in that person's eyes." My heart tighten and I squeezed Kayla's hand as guilt took over me swallowing my heart whole in a lake of regret and pain.