Chapter 7

*Kris's pov*

What the heck?

I was boiling inside seeing the stunt Naeun putting on in front of the whole cafeteria. I so badly want to stand up and stop that bullshit going over there, but I am not in a place to do that. Not anymore, after I humiliate her in front of everyone that day. So who am I to blame Naeun when I have my own mistake to correct. Our gaze met and for a second her angry facade flattered and worried took over her seeing my angry face. She knows me better than anyone else. She knows how to read my every emotion even though I tried to mask them. She must have seen my anger in my face, but I am not angry with her. I am angry with Naeun. How dare she talk to her like that way after everything she did for her? But again who am I to criticize Naeun. I still remember what my brother told me that day.

"How dare you talk to her like that way in front of everyone?" Jungkook snapped as soon as he took a step into the house seeing me pacing back and forth in front of the couch.

"What else I can do? She was being harsh to my mate Jungkook. I have to-"

"And you believe that goody two shoes over Amy?" Jungkook cut in my sentence. "I thought you know Amy better than any of us? Would you think she would do something like that? Do you think she would go that lower?" I opened and closed my mouth like a fish unable to form a reply to his questions. Cause deep down I know the answer. It's a big No! She would never do something like that. But I can't help when It's comes to my mate. My wolf is driving me crazy since I am pushing her away. I haven't still fully accepted my mate. Yes! I marked her. But I didn't mean to do that.

I still remember the first day I met Yuri. It was few days after my birthday. I went to the mall with Naeun to buy a present for Amanda. That's when I caught that intoxicating scent. And without my realization I walked towards her and pulled her for a hug mumbling those four letter into her ear which I kind of regretted after.

"Mine!"

I broke out of my trance when I heard Naeun's shock voice calling me. And pulled away from her to see a wide eyes girl looking at me. She isn't 18 yet, but she must have heard what I said and judging by her expression she knew that I was her mate. Who wouldn't when I uttered that into her ear. As soon as I pulled away from her Amanda's face came into my mind and I did the only thing I could. I ran away. I ran away from there leaving both girls. But she didn't gave up. After back few days she came to see me from the help of Naeun's. The worst was I was on my heat that day cause full moon was nearing that month. As soon as I saw her my wolf took over me and marked her. We completed the mate bond that day and I accepted her as my mate since I can't turn back anymore. But I haven't let her into my heart yet. So my wolf is restless when It comes to my mate and my ex. I broke out of my train of thoughts when Jungkook snorted.

"You know what is the most important thing in a relationship brother? It's trust!" Jungkook spat. "And today you showed how much trust you have over her. And that clearly showed how much you had loved her bro!" My heart tighten at his words. What have I done? " I never thought I would say this to you, cause I always saw you as my role model in life. I was always proud of you, but after what you did today I am afraid to say that I don't feel like that way towards you anymore. She was the girl who stood by your side in your worst. You didn't talk to any of us when you first came here, but she was the one who made you feel like home and changed you. She was the one who stopped your grandparent's from taking you away when you was 14. It's because of her that you are here today. And what you gave her?" Disappointment was laced in his voice. "I am shame on you Kris!" I collapsed to the couch as soon as those words left his mouth. My parents was also present there to witness the scene. Without uttering an other word Jungkook walked away. That day I lost my childhood best friend and my brother.