Chapter 2

*Amanda pov*

The bitter truth is that at some point you have to realize that someone can stay in your heart but not in your life. The worst pain comes when you don't know whether to wait or to forget that person. That's what I have been doing for these past three days. Deciding whether to wait for him or forget him. I know I have to forget him, but a part of me still want to wait for him hoping that he would return to me some day. 

My wolf have been ignoring me for these past three days. She is hurt. She feels betrayed. Can't blame her though. Both of us believed that Kris is our mate. My wolf accepted him as our mate long ago and loved him. And when we saw him that day with an other girl, it felt like our whole world shattered. An other tear escaped from my eyes when I recalled what happened that day for the umpteenth time.

********

I shifted my eyes between both of them to their interviewed hands. I felt my whole body burning when I noticed who the girl was. Of course how could I forget that blond hair. Park Yuri! The girl who got beaten up by Kayla for badmouthing about me in 9th grade and ended up in hospital for 2 days.

"Baby can you give us five minutes?" Kris asked sweetly from her. Baby? She nodded her head and kissed his cheek before walking away. I clenched my teeth holding back a growl when I saw that. Kris looked uncomfortable when she did that in front of me.

"I think you already figure out what is happening Amanda?" Amanda? Since when did he start calling me Amanda? Where is his usual nick names? Baby? Babe? Love? Sweetheart? Where are those names? "I found my mate!" He mumbled scratching the back of his neck nervously. 

"NO!" I yelled startling him. "She is not your mate Kris! I am your mate. I am!" I uttered stubbornly giving an evil eye to the girl who is standing few foots away  from us.

"No Amanada! Yuri is my mate. I smell her intoxicating sweet scent. I feel sparkles in my body every time I touch her. Her presence calm me and my wolf yearn for her. I didn't feel those things with you when I saw you just now." He explained with a trouble look. He didn't feel those things? How could he say that? My scent was the one that calmed his anger. My presence was the one that comforted his aching heart. My kisses were the one that gave sparkles in his body. My words were the one that gave hope to his future. And I was the one who made him feel special and loved. He used to say those words. Now what happened to those words?

"No Kris! This must be a misunderstanding! Just wait till I turn 18 next week. Then you will feel those things. You will smell my scent. You will know that I am your mate Kris!" I said hopefully.

"Snap out of it Amanda! Yuri is my mate. The bond I have with her is stronger than the attraction I had for you!" I froze when those words left his mouth. Attraction? How could he say it was attraction? A tear escaped from my widen eyes and my knees finally gave up as I fell to the ground.

"How can you say that?" I murmured. "It wasn't attraction you idiot! IT WAS LOVE! IT WAS LOVE THAT WE HAD BETWEEN US!"  I yelled looking up at his towering figure while tear ran down my face. He groaned frustratingly looking at the sky while pulling his hair.

"Do you think this is easy for me Amanda?" He lowered his body to my level. "Do you think I wanted all these things to happen? I loved you too Amanda!" There was sadness and longing in his voice too. There was definitely pain too, but I didn't care. My mind stopped at that one word he said. 'I loved you too Amanda!' Loved me. As in past tense. He loved me, but doesn't love me anymore. He turned his head side to spare a glance at his mate who is now standing there watching my outburst with a insecure look on her face.

"Look Amanda! We both are adults. Things happen in our life that we never expect, but we can't simply give up. We have to change according to them! You have to move on Amanda!"  Move on? That was so easy for him to say? I felt a hand squeezing my shoulder and from the familiar warmth I know it was his hand. I lifted my gaze to look at him giving me a sad smile. "Now please get up Amanda! We have a school to attend! Look Yuri is standing there alone. She must be feeling awful now." Despite my situation, I wanted to laugh at that. He is worrying about how she must be feeling but not how I must be feeling right now. I am the one who is crying here helplessly and he is thinking that she is feeling awful. Then how about me? Why can't he see how awful and hurt I am feeling?