-32-

Omniscient
Last night...

The family rushed into the building. The plan was that by the time they arrived everyone who stood in their way would already be dead or too wounded to fight back.

Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

The family walked into the middle of a shoot out. Bri, Kaleb, and Tessa covered each other as they shot down every officer they could.

Tessa looked over and saw Darius (Amara's dad) was on the floor. She spotted the officer that shot him before she sent a bullet to his brain.

"We got to split up!" Kaleb yelled over the noise.

"I'm not leaving you!" Tessa yelled.

"I'll be fine!" Kaleb yelled.

Soon the shooting slowed down before Tessa heard Quinton on the walkie.

"CAN YALL NIGGAS HEAR ME?!" He yelled.

"Yeah, I'm here," Tessa said.

"I need y'all to split and find Berkeley's cell," Quinton instructed.

Everyone did as told. They found dead officers ID that would let them into the gates. As Tessa walked in she picked up her walkie and said, "y'all I feel like I'm in beyond scared straight."

"You scared bitch?" Bri replied with a laugh.

"Hell yeah, all these niggas in here," Tessa said.

Everyone went down aisles asking inmates where Berkeley was.

"He in solitary," one inmate told Tessa.

"We don't have much time, does anybody have him yet?" Quinton asked.

"He's in solitary!" Tessa said as she rushed out.

"So that's a no?" Quinton said in the walkie.

"Hey! Wake yo ass up! Where's solitary?" Kaleb asked one of the officers.

"KALEB!" Tessa screamed as she approached and saw an officer pointing his gun at him.

Kaleb swiftly ducked and then shot the officer. Tessa walked over to the officer to see Kaleb only shot him in the arm.

"All of you are going to prison for a very long time," the officer said.

"Yeah, yeah, where's solitary?" Tessa asked but he didn't answer. "Listen you can either talk or I can kill you and find somebody else willing to do it," Tessa said as she cocked her gun back.

"Okay, fine. Just don't shoot me okay?" He said.

Tessa followed behind him as he led her to solitary.

"Do you know who Berkeley is?" Tessa asked him.

"Of course, is that who you work for?" The officer asked.

"I'm the one asking the questions!" Tessa said as she held the gun to his head.

The officer could tell from the pitch in her voice that she wasn't an adult. He wondered how a teenage girl could get caught up in something like this.

He showed her to Berkeley's cell before he unlocked it. Berkeley grinned at them before walking out of the cell.

"Come on, we don't have much time," Tessa said.

"You're just gonna leave him?" Berkeley asked her referring to the officer.

"I said I wouldn't," Tessa said before he chuckled and grabbed her gun.

He shot the officer dead before handing the gun back to her.

"You never leave loose ends," he said as he looked down at her small frame.

"Tessa where are you?!" Kaleb yelled into the walkie.

"I have Berkeley, I'm coming now," Tessa replied as they ran down the halls.

"Hurry up!" Kaleb said as they rushed down the halls.

They rushed out of the building before they came to the fence.

"TESSA!" Bri yelled before Tessa looked over.

They had carved a circle into the fence to let them out. Tessa and Berkeley ran to the fence before climbing through it. They hopped into the van. Before they could close the door Kaden had already put the pedal through the floor.

"Who the fuck is this?" Berkeley asked pointing to Kaleb.

"Tessa's boyfriend, family friend," Quinton replied.

"I never told you that new members were aloud," Berkeley said.

"He helped break you out just like everybody else-"

"I DONT GIVE A FUCK! YOU RUN SHIT LIKE THIS BY ME FIRST! WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT DISOBEYING MY ORDERS?!" Berkeley barked.

"YOU STILL ON THAT BULLSHIT AFTER EVERYTHING?!" Quinton yelled before cocking his gun back and held it to Berkeley's head. "You really think we was gon' help a bitch like you after everything you did?"

"Lets be rational. I gave you and your family everything, I gave you my house, I'm even passing my mafia down to you-"

"But you took my brother, my mother in law, my father in law, I can't let you take shit else from me," Quinton said.

"Quinton-" before Berkeley could say anything else Quinton shot a bullet through his head causing his blood to go everywhere around him.

Quinton pushed the door open before throwing his body out onto the side of the road. Quinton closed the door back before letting out a sigh of relief and looking at Tessa.

"We're gonna be rich," Quinton said before he started laughing.