-11-

Tessa Clash-Perada
1:53 P.M.
6 months later...

Amara and Quinton officially adopted Andre and I over winter break. That was probably the happiest day of my life if I'm being honest. Andre and I have been living with them for the past six months which means we also had to switch schools.

Andre goes to school with Caesar and Cece while I now go to school with Bri and Kaleb. Kaleb and I have gotten a little more serious. He publicly shows me affection which has given me some attention since the school year started. A little too much attention if I'm being honest.

I sat in class with him helping him with his calculus homework.

"Tess, how the fuck am I supposed to bring up this grade? What the fuck even is this?" Kaleb complained.

"Have you asked for a tutor?" I asked him.

"Hell no," he replied before I looked at him sideways. "I don't need a tutor, that's what I got you for," he said before pecking my lips.

"Okay but I'm not an actual tutor, Kaleb. I can only do so much and I only know enough of this stuff to pass-"

"Exactly, teach me your ways. That's all I need is to pass," he said.

"No you need a B+," I said.

"Ain't that the same shit?" He asked before I shook my head.

"No, it's not," I said before he blew out a breath looking annoyed as ever. "They're not gonna kick you off the team, you're their star player, they need you," I said as I got my stuff together since the bell was about to ring.

"You wouldn't get it," he said before the bell rung and I stood up.

"You're right, I'm not the captain of the varsity basketball team at a prestige high school so there's no way I could possibly get it. I'm sorry I didn't realize how hard it is to be you right now," I said before I was about to walk away and he grabbed my hand.

He stood up before wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"You know I didn't mean it like that," he said as we walked.

We walked to my locker before he leaned on it looking at me.

"You goin' to the gym tonight?" He asked me.

"Maybe," I said as I put my backpack over my shoulders and looked up at him.

I saw three girls walk past that gave me the stank face. The mean girls didn't seem to stop for me regardless of my status. One day someone asked Bri how we were related and she said we were cousins and that I was adopted into the family. For whatever reason they turned me being a foster child into a reason to hate me.

"Don't worry about them, they just jealous," Kaleb said snatching me out of my thoughts.

"For what? They have everything," I said.

"Everything except your beauty and brains," he said before I blushed.

He kissed me before I grabbed my car keys out of my locker. Quinton got me a car for Christmas, a silver Mercedes Benz.

Kaleb and I walked downstairs to his locker so he could get his bag and keys before going to the student parking lot. Bri was already in her car when we were walking up. We had parked our cars right beside each other in the same spot everyday.

Kaleb and I stood between our cars before he kissed me.

"So I'll see you at the gym?" He asked before I nodded.

"I'll be there," I replied before he smack my ass as I turned around to put my bag in the car. "Bye Kaleb," I said before getting in the car.

I drove to the little ones school before going through car pull. I didn't see any of them outside which caused me to get a little concerned. One of the teachers came up to my car before I rolled down my window.

"Who are you looking for?" She asked.

"Deandre, Caesar, and Cecelia," I replied.

"I need last names sweetie," she said.

"Deandre Clash, Caesar Williams, and Cecelia Perada," I said before she nodded.

She walked away to go back into the school. She came out with Caesar and Cece causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

"Hold up, where's Andre?" I asked as they got in the car.

They shrugged before I turned to the woman and took off my seatbelt.

"EXCUSE ME! Hey, I'm still lookin' for Deandre Clash, where is Deandre Clash?" I asked before she went to converse with other teachers to find him.

"He's already been picked up by his father," she replied with a confused look.

I pulled into the parking lot before calling Quinton.

"Yo," he answered.

"Hey, do you have Andre?" I asked.

"Uh no, it was your turn to get 'em today," he replied.

"Are you sure?" I asked before he chuckled nervously.

"I think I would know if I went and picked him up... is everything alright?" He asked before I got out the car.

I felt like everything was closing in on me and I was beginning to sweat.

"Quinton, they said his father already came and picked him up. Other than you we have no other father!" I said as I started to become agitated.

"What you mean? You tellin' me he missin'?!" Quinton said as I heard rustling in the background like he was moving around.

"Yes! I have Caesar and Cece in the car but no Andre," I said.

"I'll be there in a second, don't go no where," he said before we hung up.

I tucked my hair behind my ears before my phone started ringing again. I answered it immediately without looking at caller ID.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"I told you to deliver my message and you disobeyed me. Now you and your brother will have to learn like the rest of them," the man said.

"What do you want?!" I cried.

"I WANT MY FUCKIN' LIFE BACK! So you go and tell Amara and Quinton Berkeley has your brother. They'll know what to do. If you or them disobey me anymore the next time you'll be seeing your brother is in a body bag," he said before hanging up.