Chapter 27, Finishing Up

Deceits name came out, I already had a plan if this happened. Story doesnt change.

Time kept speeding up for the school year, and now we have 2 days left for school. So testing, testing and more testing for us, plus trying to pick up the dorm. Me and Roman, it's been better, but a part of me just wants us to be closer. Probably nothing.

"Ima freakin die before school ends!" Thomas complains as we walk out the college building, he laugh, "lets have a movie night tonight!"

Everyone agrees expect me, who forgot how to agree, "Hey, Angel, you gonna join or what?"

"Oh, right, yeah I'm down." I says, Thomas smiles and starts cheering.

Logan pushed up his glasses, "Roman, I've been meaning to ask, why do you call Virgil, Angel? Are you two dating and didnt tell us?"

We laugh, "no, it's just something I call him for fun." I mean I would mind if we were dating tho- hah jk.... who the hell am I even talking to.

"Awe, I was hoping my OTP was finally a thing." Patton said fake being sad.

"I'll date Roman when he learns how to ask for consent." I laugh, I notice Roman side eyeing me and smirking.

We get to the dorm and Thomas opens it. Even tho school is ending soon, were all not leaveing at the same time. Logan is leaving in 3 days, Patton is too, Roman is leaving in 4 days, and me and Thomas in 5 or 6 days. We took charge of making sure everything is picked up before the summer break.

I yawn, "who's turn is it too make dinner?"

"Yours." The other 4 say in unison.

"Oh."

"You've been skipping your nights for weeks." Roman says, he sitting at the kitchen table. Logan is sitting and table reading, and Patton and Thomas are watching TV.

Do they know? "Yall know there are leftovers in the freezer, right?" They stare at my blankly, "Right?"

They mutter a no, I roll my eyes and head the the freezer, i take the bag of  red beans and leave them on a plate to defrost. "Yall are so stupid, mostly Roman."

"Hey! What did i do?" Roman says in defense, Logan proceeds to list off all the stupid thing Roman has done.

"Don't forget the light bulbs!" Thomas yells.

I laugh, yep everything seem normal now.

After dinner we watched a movie, but I didn't know what movie, my head hurt and everytime I tried to force on something, I would feel dizzy. "Im gonna call it a night." I yawn and stand up, they say their good nights.

I walk up the stairs opening my door and closing it behind me, "my head ache is gone..." i thought walking to my desk and open my computer, a pop up for an new email showed:

Tree. 23:00. Tonight.

The fuck kind of email is that? I look at my clock, 21:37.

"Why does this shit keep happening to me, are the others going through this?" I say aloud to myself, I start pacing around my room. "I'm not going, because I'm done with this fucking shit."

I stop and rethink what I just said, "but if i go i might be able to tell that person to stop, but at the same time, what if I die." I fall face first onto my bed, "why cant life leave me alone."

I look at the time again, 21:39. "Only two minutes!?" I yell something that basically sounded like a keyboard smash aka KSJSOWKSJS!!1!1!!111

"Fuck it, I'm take a shower." I say aloud, i get off my bed and I grab my shit and head to the bathroom.

---time skip---

I walk back into my room, I throw my towel to the side when I finish drying my hair, decently enough. Then get dress fully, since I forgot to bring pants with me to the bathroom. "22:49." I said looking at my phone's clock, "I should head to the tree and hopefully not die." I put shoes on and grab my jacket and bag.

I hold my breath as I slowly walk downstairs and notice that the guys are asleep, I sigh in relief. Unlocking the front door I look at my friends one last time, 'what are they going through? Are they even going through anything?' I thought.

I guess I was trying to make myself feel less alone by thinking that, I sigh again and step outside. The warm yet cold summer night felt different, something is off.

As the saying goes, curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.

I start heading towards the woods, "i havent been in here in awhile, nothing changed." I smile to myself, my hand touches each tree as I pass them, "they feel real."

I see the clearing in front of me about 30 feet away. I slow down as I approach, no one was there, I step into the clear.

I walk over to the lone tree, leaning against it. I reach into my bag for a lighter and a  cigarette, I had a lighter but that was it. "Damnit"

Time to wait, I guess.

________________________

Sorry this took so long, I was dealing with personal issues, stuff I rather not talk about.

This was also a shorter chapter, but I rather stop here then in the middle of something important since I usually stop at around 1200 words.

Anyway stay safe yall!

-Alex