Chapter 12

Will watched cautiously as Jed closed the door and sat on the couch opposite him. He didn't say anything, instead he looked down at his boyfriend's peaceful face and pulled the boy closer to him.

Naomi went to the closet and pulled out a blanket. Will watched as she opened the checkered blanket and walked over to Will. She draped the blanket carefully over Nico, making sure not to wake the Italian.

Will finally decided to break the silence. He forced himself to look his mother in the eye. "I'm sorry about ruining the wedding. I shouldn't have said the stuff I did. It was inappropriate."

When Naomi didn't say anything Will looked down at Nico and brushed some hair off of his boyfriend's cheek. Once Nico fell into a deep sleep he slept like the dead. Something Will found amusing and adorable. The boy was probably tired from the wedding and shadow travelling. Will felt bad that he forced his boyfriend to do so much. Nico hated socializing, especially with strangers. Will could never understand why Nico hated being around other people but he decided to never question it.

And hey, if Nico spent less time around other people it meant he got to spend more time with Will.

"You really love him, don't you?" Naomi asked.

Will nodded and stroked Nico's cheek, "More than anything."

Naomi sighed. She looked at Jed for help on what to say next.

Jed just sighed, "Come to the reception. There are a lot of people who want to meet you."

Will shook his head, "No thank you."

"No one is mad at you. And you didn't ruin the wedding." Jed tried.

Will didn't say anything.

"We would really like it if you stayed another day." Naomi said softly. "I would really like it. Maybe we could talk and try to come to a decision we both agree with."

"There is no decision. I am gay and I will never not be gay. I love Nico and he loves me. I was gay before I met Nico. Nico is really important to me and he is non negotiable. And if you can't accept that, or you don't understand that, then there is no reason for me to stay."

Naomi sighed. "No, I understand. I just wanted to have a grown up conversation, just you and me, before you leave."

Will looked down again and stared at Nico's face. He really was beautiful, in a creepy adorable goth way. His skin was pale and he looked like an angel. He was Will's angel. Nico didn't know it but Will probably wouldn't have had the courage to stand up to his mom if the son of Hades wasn't there.

"Let's go." Jed said. He offered Will a smile, "I would really like you to be at our reception. You're my son now I would really like to get to know you."

Will didn't say anything. He just watched as Jed and Naomi left the cabin. He looked down at Nico and smiled when he met his boyfriend's dark eyes.

"I thought you were sleeping," Will mumbled softly.

"I wasn't. I was just in a cuddled sleepy state" Nico confessed.

"And you didn't wake up and help me out?"

"I think we should stay the extra day. Your mom is trying. That's all you could ever ask."

"I don't know." Will confessed. "I don't think I could handle her rejecting me again."

Nico frowned and sat up. He traced a thumb against Will's cheek and sighed. "It's your choice. I'm going to take the others back tonight anyways. You can chose to come with us or stay. If you stay I'll come back and we'll figure it all out from there."