Chapter 5

Will yawned as he sat up in bed. It was still dark outside and he was still pretty tired but for some reason he was awake.

He grumbled and laid back down and tried to cuddle into Nico when a soft bang woke him.

He sighed and got up. He pulled on a shirt and slipped on slippers just as a pained cry sounded out.

Rushing out of the room he followed the noise to the room across from his. Alyce's room. He never really had the chance to talk to her yet and was kind of unsure about knocking on her door in the middle of the night.

She was definitely awake though. The lights were on and there was movement in the room.

At another pained yelp Will swung the door opened and instantly regretted it.

Alyce was standing in front of a full body mirror with her shirt off. She had bandages wrapped around her chest painfully tight.

Her eyes widened and she threw a pillow at him. "What are you doing awake?" she looked so devastated.

Will's eyes softened and he looked at her in the eyes. "You woke me up." he said truthfully.

She looked away. "Oh. Sorry."

Will swallowed and took a deep breath. "You shouldn't do that."

Alyce glared at him. "It's my body. I can do what I want with it." she scowled. She looked down. "Dad won't believe you so there's no use trying to tell him."

"That's not what I mean." he said quickly. "I mean you shouldn't bind. It's bad for you. You should use binders and sports bras."

Alyce's eyes widened in surprise. She motioned him into the room and shut the door.

Will took a deep breath. She was expecting some sort of explanation from him.

"At camp I work in the infirmary." he explained quietly. "There's this one person who came to me one day saying they were transitioning and so I was in charge of their hormone injections." He said.

The person was a child of Aphrodite and she hated being in a boy's body since she felt like a girl. Will didn't really understand it at the time but he had gotten Victor's (or Victoria now) permission from Victoria's father and her doctor and he was just supposed to watch over her to make sure she was reacting healthily.

Victoria opened his eyes to a whole new world. Will thought being gay was hard but at least he didn't have to change his body physically to be himself.

Victoria helped him help other trans demigods. There weren't many of them and he couldn't help them too much since they had to go to professional doctors for actual treatment. He met a trans boy, child of Ares, who insisted on wearing a binder all day every day during intense exercise.

Will hated how he had to ban Julius (Formally Julia) from wearing a binder for a week to help him recover.

Alyce sighed and relaxed. "You can't tell dad. Please."

"It's not my place too. As long as you won't bind I'll be able to keep my promise." Will compromised.

Alyce nodded. "Alright."

Will sighed, a little overwhelmed at this new revelation. He didn't expect it, especially not from a pretty, athletic and smart girl like Alyce. The again, he didn't know her too well.

Maybe he should make a better effort to get to know his new sisters.

xXxXx

In the morning Alyce had avoided eye contact with him. She was wearing a bright pink skirt with a white blouse. She acted like a normal teen and it occurred to Will that she had been playing the role of perfect daughter for a while now. Last night he learned that she was using female pronouns because she wasn't ready to use male one. She needed time to get to understand herself a bit more until told everyone.