Chapter 3

Will stroked Nico's hair carefully. They were on the ground on a picnic blanket, food scattered around them. Anita had sobered down and was making Will something to feed Nico since the son of Hades was clearly out of it at the moment.

Alana smiled at him, "I am so glad you're gay. You know, every girl needs a gay friend. It's a rule of life."

"Umm. Thanks?"

Alana just giggled, "So anyways. I was wondering what we should do."

"What do you mean?" Will asked as he took the sandwich from Anita. He gently shook Nico awake. "Come on, you have to eat something." he said softly.

Nico groaned and sat up. Will handed the dark haired boy the sandwich but Nico just stared at it confused, "Why does my head hurt?" he mumbled leaning into Will.

"You got drunk off of a milkshake," Will responded as he grabbed a water bottle. He opened it and offered it to the boy. "Drink some of this, it will make you feel better."

Nico took the offered bottle of water and chugged it. When he was done he slumped against Will, his sandwich forgotten. Will chuckled amused, "Come on. Up you get. Just eat half of it, okay?"

Nico sighed and glared at the sandwich. He took a bite and munched silently.

Will turned his attention back to Alana once he was sure Nico was eating.

"I mean my mom and your mom wants us together. They also both disapprove of our choice in partner. Maybe we should just get married to keep them happy but live with Nico and Anita." Alana pointed out. She tied her blonde hair into a pink bow and nervously played with her shirt.

"That wouldn't work. Mom wants us to move in together and stay in the south. I don't want that. I'm moving up north so I can stay with my dad's side of the family and so I can become a doctor. I want to be with Nico and only Nico and I don't want to lie to my mom anymore." Will looked at Nico. "Besides, if I married you then I couldn't marry Nico."

Alana sighed, "I know. I want something like that too but I also don't want to disappoint my mom. You should have seen how devastated she was when she caught me and Anita in bed together. I love my parents but sometimes I wish they would just respect me."

"Alana!" Anita blushed. "Stop telling everyone your parents caught us doing it."

"Sorry babe." Alana said though she didn't sound sorry at all. She smoothed down her flannel shirt and smiled at the memory.

Anita sighed, "I will never understand you white people."

"What do you mean by that?" Will asked, not sure if he should be offended or not.

"My parents have no problem with me liking other girls. They just want me to be happy." Anita said. "My parents don't care who I date as long as I study and do well in my classes."

"Well that's great for you, isn't it," Will grumbled.

"My dad has no issues either," Nico piped in. "My mom and sister were accepting of it too. Mom said she loved me no matter what. I think she knew I was gay before I did. When I came out to Bianca she said she would always support me as well."

"My dad doesn't have an issue either. He sleeps with men and women and basically anything he finds attractive. It's mom that's the issue." Will said.

"I don't have a mom anymore and if I could have her back I would want her to know," Nico said. "My mom would have loved you just as much as she loved me." he said sadly.

Will's eyes softened, he cradled Nico's cheek and kissed his cheek, "I wish I had gotten the chance to know her. She sounds amazing."

Nico sighed.