"This is Mr. Blacke. As you can obviously see, he is new. Now, as the head of the welcoming committee, you have been tasked to giving our new transfer student a warm welcome to Bloomville High and a full tour of the school.

You don't have to worry about missing your classes and messing up your perfect attendance score, I have talked with your remaining lessons for the day teachers and they have agreed to mark you present.

As that is settled, head to Mrs. Bracket's office for your file and school timetable, Mr. Blacke. Have a lovely day and welcome to Bloomville High." and with that unceremoniously, rushed briefing, we were both kicked out of his office.

The first thing I heard after coming in terms with the fact that the principal was in so much hurry to kick us out, was a soft chuckle and it was coming from beside me. Confused, I turned to look at him.

"Well, you don't see that every day," he noted. Someone, please catch me, I'm swooning. His voice was the hottest thing I had ever heard from a human being's mouth. It had a velvety but rough tone, the exact kind that would make you look like me at the moment, a gaping fool.

He must have taken my humiliating sight to be as a result of confusion as he quickly clarified he was talking about the principal. When I, for some reason beyond me, refused to compose myself, he introduced himself.

"Hi, I'm Dwayne, Dwayne Blacke."
That, thank God, knocked me back into my senses. I quickly straightened my posture, falling into an easy smile, and took his outstretched arm.

"Monalisa Del Lana. You can call me Mona, everyone does." I added with a shrug. For a while, his eyebrows furrowed in thought before he looked up and smiled at me.

"Nah, I'm going to call you Lisa. You said it yourself, everyone calls you Mona, and as far as I know, I'm not everybody."

I inwardly winced at the new nickname Dwayne had given me. He used to call me Lisa. I could still hear his voice teasing me with that nickname. It reminded me of him, I hated it.

"Umm... can you not call me that? Mona is fine." I quickly interjected. Dwayne rose an eyebrow and looked at me. It was almost as if he was smoldering, I think it comes with the name. He finally broke it with an easy smile when it was getting a lot more intense than I expected, at least on my part.

"No problem...Lisa," he added the last part in a whisper only that I heard him. He whistled and began to walk ahead, leaving me behind in a boiling rage.

"Hey!" I called, running a little to catch up with his long strides. "I heard that."

"I know." was his infuriating reply.

Not more than 10 minutes and he had already begun to get on my nerves. I stopped in my strides and counted to ten in my head. I am calm, I am composed, and I will not let this new beautiful specimen get under my skin.

By the time I opened my eyes, I felt a hundred times better and was able to focus on the task at hand; making beautiful douchebag here, feel awfully welcome.

"Wait! Your file and timetable?" we had passed Mrs. Bracket's office without receiving the items the principal had told us to get.

Dwayne lifted up his right hand and in them; I saw something covered in the school's logo and all. I guess someone picked up his things earlier.

Groaning at the sudden change in my day's plan, I ran to meet up with Dwayne. Why did I apply for this post again?

=================

"And this is the locker," I said dryly, ending the forty-five minutes tour.

It was never supposed to be that long, at most, twenty minutes, but Dwayne decided to ask for a detailed history of Bloomville from Mrs. Miller, the History teacher who had a strong sense of patriotism towards this town. I knew we should have taken the other hallway.