3F Labyrinth/Passing By

Maverick, Koharu, and Asuna head to the Labyrinth. They see lots of people.

Koharu: Yikes...So many people by the labyrinth. Is everyone here for the boss? I messaged telling them that we'd be here, but I never expected THIS. I'm kind of taken back, to be honest.

Maverick takes Koharu's and Asuna's hand.

Koharu: Yeah. Yeah. I'll be fine. I got this.

Kibaou appears.

Kibaou: We've been waiting for ya. What sort of reward did you get from those elves?

Koharu: There was no reward that really has a direct connection to the boss fight. But their Commander gave us a bit of advice about it. He told us...

Kirito appears.

Kirito: It unleashes a poisonous attack, and you should stock up on antidotes right?

Maverick: How did you know?

Kirito: I played through the Elf War campaign too. Looks like we both got the same advice. Don't act so surprised, Maverick. I know you did too.

Asuna: Why didn't you tell us?

Maverick: I just love to game. At least this proves that Kirito isn't withholding info from ALS and DKB.

Koharu: What do you mean?

Kirito: When ALS and DKB butted heads, I was there with them. So I decided to finish the quest, and find out it really gives something we need for the boss battle.

Kibaou: But we couldn't trust those Beaters wouldn't withhold some important intel, you see? At least, that's how everyone felt. That's why I had you do some footwork. I didn't tell you about it though, 'cause I didn't want you guys tearing up.

Maverick: Ridiculous. How dare you!

Kibaou: I chose you because I knew you'd get it done quickly. Be lucky I don't put your head on a spike.

Maverick: Make my day.

Koharu: Easy, Maverick. So that means you're stocked up on antidotes already, right? That's good news!

Maverick: They better be. I'm not running another errand for them.

Kibaou: Yeah...And now we've got our proof. This should convince everyone. Thanks.

Maverick: Whatever. I'm going to take on the boss. I need to blow off some steam.

Maverick starts to walk away.

Asuna: Maverick, wait up!

Kibaou: No you don't Beater! You did last time and got all of the rewards! We're helping this time!

Maverick: You can't stop me.

An arrow is fired at Maverick.

Koharu: Maverick, watch out!

Maverick draws his sword and cuts the arrow in half leaving everyone speechless.

Maverick: You were saying?

Kirito: I'm coming too. Can't let my rival hog all the glory.

Maverick: Fine.

Maverick, Kirito, Asuna, and Koharu enter the labyrinth. The group enters the boss room and see a giant tree monster.

Kirito: Okay, we...

Before they knew it, the boss was gone and Maverick stood where the boss was.

Maverick: I feel a little bit better.

The other guilds enter.

Kibaou: Where is the boss?

Kirito: Maverick, one shot it again.

Kibaou: How dare you!

Maverick: You want the rewards? I'll give them to Kirito. You can take them from him. I'm tired of this crap. I'm leaving.

Maverick leaves the labyrinth with Koharu and Asuna following.

Maverick: I'm sorry.

Asuna: It's no problem. We understand.

Kirto appears.

Kirito: How did you kill the boss so quickly?

Maverick looks around and changes from his sword and reveals a bow.

Asuna: A bow?

Maverick: It's weak to thrusting so I used a bow skill and one shot it.

Kirito: What's it called?

Maverick: Sorry. Classified.

Kirito: That's fair. I'll just stick with my sword.

Maverick switches back to his sword.

Asuna: So what exactly was different from the beta?

Maverick: Its poison attack was an area attack. Those antidotes really made the difference.

Koharu: Lies! We didn't even get to use them! What level are you? You tell us right now!

Maverick sighs.

Maverick: Level 25.

Kirito: Already? I'm about there.

Maverick: That's how I got some good armor and good equipment. You have to level up in order to use better equipment. I got you girls some stuff too.

Kirito: I'm impressed.

Maverick: You should be. Kirito, have you met a boy named...Kazuto?

Kirito: Ka...I mean, nope.

Maverick: Right.

Asuna: You were about to say something, weren't you?

Kirito: Nope. What's up with this player, though?

Koharu: While we were apart, we met someone in the woods who was searching for him. Their brother.

Asuna: You really think family can get separated like that even this game world?

Kirito: If they don't have a way to message each other, yeah. You can't use the Tracking skill if you aren't friends in-game, either. I hope that girl finds her brother, though...

Maverick smirks.

Maverick: She was kinda cute. I might ask her out.

Kirito: Oh...um...do whatever you want, man.

Maverick chuckles.

Maverick: Thanks for the support.

Koharu: Maverick, you aren't doing that!

Asuna: What she said!

Maverick: Okay. Okay. Let's just head to Floor 4.

Asuna: What's it like up there?

Maverick: It's covered in a net of barren, sandy valleys. A real pain to traverse. There's also this awful in-depth sense module that makes it so you really your feet sinking in the sand.

Koharu: Sounds pretty different from everything we've seen so far, though. It's kind of exciting.

Asuna: Yeah. I can't wait to see it.

Maverick: I'm heading out. See you up on Floor 4.

Maverick leaves.

Koharu: Isn't Kizmel up there?

Asuna: We better hurry.

The other three head to Floor 4.