Fighting with Leafa

Leafa leads Maverick, Koharu, Asuna, and Kizmel to the spot they spoke of.

Leafa: This is it. They came up to me right around here.

Koharu: I don't really see anyone here.

Kizmel: Quiet...There!

A Forest Elf Spy appears.

Forest Elf Spy: Ow.

Kizmel: Hiding in the shadows of the trees, just waiting for us to pass. A common strategy of the people of the forest. You may fool the menfolk, but you cannot fool me. Now hand over the Jade Key you stole from us.

Forest Elf Spy: The six keys belong to the Kales 'Oh. I would never hand it over to a Dark Elf.

The Forest Elf Spy draws his sword. Maverick draws his.

Maverick: Finally. We're due a fight scene.

The Forest Elf Spy approaches Maverick.

Maverick: I won't blame you for dropping the key and running away with like a coward with your tail between your legs. But then again...I might judge a little.

Forest Elf Spy: Make my day.

Maverick: Strange last words.

Forest Elf Spy and Maverick charge each other. Maverick takes one swing and the Forest Elf Spy goes down to a knee.

Girls: That was one hit!

Maverick: Is that it?

An invisible force knocks Maverick back. A second Forest Elf appears. The first Forest Elf hands the key to the second and the second vanishes. The first just smiles before turning into pixels.

Maverick: The quest would've been too easy if it stopped here.

Koharu: How about it, Kizmel?

Kizmel: We're too late. He's already passed the key on. He must have stayed hidden her just to slow us down.

Leafa: And sacrifice his own life just so they could get away with it? Is this key really that important?

Kizmel: Protect it, steal it, it matters not. But this mission has been deemed more valuable than our very lives. We believe it. She believed it, and that's why she joined.

Leafa: She?

Maverick: In a battle with the Forest Elves, Kizmel's sister...

Leafa: Oh. Sorry for bringing that up.

Kizmel: The wars of our people are not meant for yours. There is no shame in not understanding.

Leafa: No but...If your family has lost lives for it, we definitely need to get it back. Let me help you with this.

Kizmel: I appreciate the sentiment. But are you certain? Did you not come here for reasons of your own?

Leafa: I was just looking for something, it's okay. Plus, it's probably better to join up with you all than wonder around these woods alone.

Koharu: Well, it will be good to have you. Still though...We don't have any leads.

Kizmel: We must start by searching for the trail of whomever that fled with the key.

Koharu: Let's see...Hmm...? Leafa, there's something by your feet there.

Leafa: Huh? This board? It's got some kind of flowery motif on it but it doesn't look like it does anything.

Kizmel: That is a passage charm. With that we should be able to locate the Forest Elf base hidden by their magics.

Leafa: That's probably where the key is, huh?

Asuna: (Sarcastic): I wonder.

Kizmel: It's indeed likely. We must make haste if we are to reclaim it before they move it elsewhere. I must bring word of this to the Commander. My path leads me places menfolk cannot travel but can I ask that you make your way to camp on your own?

Maverick: Where is the camp?

Kizmel: At the base of the tower...I believe your kind calls it a Labyrinth. I will inform the guards of your names. Take this a prepare yourselves for the road ahead. This was meant for the troops, but there are none among them who would object to you having it. Now then, I shall await you at camp. \

Kizmel leaves.

Leafa: I wish I could just fly there or take the same roads the elves can. But I guess technically I'm still just human, so I can't.

Asuna: Didn't you say you were a Sylph?

Koharu: Okay. I still don't get it. What are Sylphs or whatever anyway? Who are you exactly, Leafa?

Leafa: That's...Sorry. I can't tell you that yet.

Maverick: I know.

Leafa: You keep your mouth shut.

Maverick: Will you reward me if I do?

Leafa: Maybe. I'm just here, living out in this world, and trying to wrap my head around lots of things.

Maverick: We won't be nosy.

Leafa: Thanks. I'll reward you for that later. No matter who or what I am, I do really want to help Kizmel. Can we just leave it at that for now?

Maverick: Okay.

Asuna: Stop speaking for the group.

Maverick: I trust you, Leafa. Now let's go find that key together.

Koharu: Don't make us the bad guys!

Leafa: So, we've gotta head to the Dark Elf camp next, right? I'll try not to be much of a nuiscance, so let's work together.

The four start to walk together. Leafa walks next to Maverick.

Leafa: You reward?

Maverick: Yes?

Leafa whispers something into Maverick's ear and he blushes.

Koharu/Asuna: HEY!

Koharu: What did she say?

Maverick: Don't worry about it. Let's get moving.