Ready to Leave

Maverick, Koharu, Asuna, and Leafa continue to walk together. They then see a Dark Elf Soldier.

Dark Elf Soldier: Halt. Those without the permissions of the Commander are forbidden from entering. Turn back from whence you came.

Maverick: Easy there. We're friends of Kizmel. I'm Maverick. With me are Koharu, Asuna, and Leafa.

Dark Elf Soldier: Lady Kizmel has spoken of you. Please wait here.

The Dark Elf Soldier leaves.

Maverick: Only floor three and we're on a pretty big quest.

Koharu: Well, I'm having fun.

Asuna: Same here.

Leafa: Maverick, you remind me a lot of someone I know. Maybe you're just as good or even better.

Maverick: Aww. Thanks.

Koharu and Asuna glare at Leafa.

Leafa: I'm this race too you know. I may be looking for something but I can still compete. I'm quite the multitasker. Anyway, that was kinda scary. Are they letting me thanks to Maverick?

Koharu: Hey, so anyone who wants to head into the labyrinth has to pass through here right? Well what about people who side with the Forest Elves? How do they get through?

Asuna: It might just be that to them this area appears as the Forest Elf camp instead. It's not really uncommon for fields to change based on player choices.

Koharu: You mean we see a different side in the same spot? That's so...weird.

Leafa: It's kind of scary to think that the world we see and the world that other people see can be completely different. That's why I want to keep faith in the choices I've made. I don't want to just fool myself into thinking something will benefit me or not.

Koharu: You're really sure of yourself, Leafa...

Leafa: Nah. Not really. But I did tell myself that I would never regret bringing myself into this world. Seems I have another reason not to.

Koharu and Asuna glare at Maverick.

Maverick: What did I do? Anyway, bringing yourself in?

Before the conversation can continue, Kizmel appears.

Kizmel: Apologies for the wait. Are you bust with something?

Leafa: No. It's fine. What did the Commander say?

Kizmel: Using that pass the enemy spy ha, our scouts were able to trace their magic and pinpoint their current location.

Koharu: Let's get going then!

Maverick: Easy there.

Kizmel: Not so fast. It's quite the large scale camp. Attacking it head on would earn us only a fierce battle.

Maverick: I like that idea. Let's do that.

Leafa elbows Maverick.

Maverick: Ow.

Kizmel: This is a war between us elves. You need not follow us any further into our war.

Maverick: Not happening, beautiful. We want to help.

Kizmel: I appreciate the sentiment, however...

Koharu: Kizmel, when you first met us, you said it was a matter of fate. And we told you that we decided that fate for ourselves, didn't we? Will you allow us to once again decide our own fate here?