Key Recovery

Maverick, Asuna, Koharu, and Leafa head over to where Kizmel is waiting.

Kizmel: You're here at last. We can't risk alerting them, so we're going to take a shortcut straight to their camp. Stick close and do not leave my side.

Kizmel leads to the group to where the Forest Elves camp was.

Kizmel: Here we are. Their camp is right up this way.

Leafa: Kizmel and I will draw them out. You three, wait out here and stop any Forest Elves that try to get away.

Maverick: I'm still not comfortable with this.

Leafa: I'll be back, Maverick. I promise.

Maverick: I'll hold you to that. You two be careful.

Kizmel: Fret not, we have the advantage. Plus...

The Dark Elf Commander appears.

Commander: I'm impressed by man's brashness. To think that we would deceive those who used magic disguises to deceive us.

Kizmel: Our Commander offered to help, saying "the people of Lyusula cannot sit by idly by as menfolk show such bravery."

Commander: I have a few tricks myself. It won't last long but I can leave the Forest Elves momentarily blinded.

Leafa: You mean like, illusionary magic?

Kizmel: No. After the earth separated from itself, we people of Luyusula lost the gift of magic. The Sorcery used by the Forest Elves us but remnant traces of old magicks.

Koharu: Are elves the only ones who lost the ability to use magic?

Commander: We all fell subject to the same fate. I have heard that man has no command over magic now either. If the lands return to their original form, those long lost magicks may yet return.

Leafa: Huh...So that would explain why there is no magic in SAO.

Koharu: Kizmel, Commander, we might not have any magic or tricks, but we'll give it our best!

Kizmel: That is all I ask.

Commander: Our duty is to protect that key. We must retake it.

Maverick: Let's do this.

Leafa: Okay, we...

The group looks to see that Maverick is already gone.

Leafa: Where did he go?

Sounds of swords are heard. The group looks to see Maverick easily killing NPCs left and right.

Maverick: I got the key! I'm just trying to get out of here.

Asuna: Save some kills for you us, you jerk!

Leafa: He's really something. Isn't he?

Koharu: Yep.

The Forest Elves retreat as Maverick walks back to the group with Asuna by his side.

Maverick: I got it!

Koharu slaps Maverick.

Maverick: I deserve that.

Koharu: Damn right you do! What the hell were you thinking?

Maverick: I thought about being a badass and I was.

Leafa: At least he got the key.

Commander: With you aid we were at last able to recover the Jade Key. Allow me to thank you on behalf of all the people of Luyusula.