Taehyung would be lying if he said he didn't know the roller coaster was not for him. In the queuing line, he could hear the people screaming in agony/delight, and he knew he was doomed. He really wanted to chicken out and leave, but the look on Jeongguk's face made him hesitate. The other boy looked so happy and enthusiastic about it. Jeongguk has been talking about this ride for the whole drive this morning and Taehyung really doesn't want to let him down.

And when the ride finished, he didn't realize he was crying. Taehyung didn't want Jeongguk to see him cry after the roller coaster ride, because it would ruin the mood and Jeongguk would think he is stupid. But now Jeongguk left him alone, his emotions are overwhelming him and his urge to cry stronger than ever. He let out small sobs and pulled his knees up to his chest. Jeongguk taught him that shoes are dirty and he cannot step on chairs with his shoes on, but at that moment he just wants to make himself smaller and avoid other people's judging stares.

Taehyung lost track of time, his head hurt from sobbing and his eyes were swollen. He could hear rushed footsteps towards his direction. When he lifted his head, he saw Jeongguk's eyes were as wide as saucers, and the boy in front of him dropped everything on the ground.

"Tae... Taehyungie, what's wrong? Are you still scared? Oh no, oh no, please don't cry," Jeongguk knelt in front of him, big warm hands cupping his face. "Taehyungie, baby, look at me, please. Are you mad at me? I-I am so so sorry, you can be mad at me for however long you want, you can leave me this instant and never see me again, but please, please don't cry, okay? I'm begging you. I hate seeing you cry, Tae." Jeongguk's face was so close Taehyung could feel the warm puffs of air the other boy exhaled. Jeongguk's eyes held so many emotions he didn't know how to decipher them all. Taehyung just feels warm, his cheeks warm, his heart warm.

"Jeonggukkie..." Taehyung whispered softly, cupping Jeongguk's hand with his own. "I am sorry I cried, I ruined e-everything for you. I-I know how long you've wanted to try that a-and I'm so s-stupid, I am ruining everything for you and-" Taehyung was cut short by Jeongguk's sudden peck on his forehead. "Hey Tae, you didn't ruin anything, okay? Fuck that ride. It wasn't that good anyway. And it made you scared. I'll never go on that roller coaster again. And it is my fault, my fault for forcing you on that goddamn ride, I am the one who's stupid, okay?" Jeongguk was looking at him so intensely Taehyung couldn't breathe anymore. "Tae, just now, did you cry because of the ride? Do you want to leave now?"

Taehyung shook his head lightly. "No, I cried because I thought I ruined everything and you left me," Taehyung's head dropped so low Jeongguk nearly couldn't see his face. Jeongguk chuckled softly. "Tae, I went to buy you strawberry cotton candy! I thought I could cheer you up with it, and I bought a plushie for you as well," Jeongguk looked behind him. The white plushie was lying helplessly on the ground, next to it a stick of pink cotton candy that was already half-melted on the ground. "As you can see, neither are in very good conditions."

Taehyung laughed at the ridiculous pose of the polar bear. "Why did you throw them away?" Taehyung asked, smiling a bit now that he know Jeongguk is not mad at him.

Jeongguk took a seat next to Taehyung and leaned in closer. "Because I saw a prince over there crying all by himself, as a heroic gallant knight, it is my duty to drop everything in my hand to help the prince." Jeongguk was smiling cutely, and Taehyung gave up on resisting the urge to pinch his cheeks. Jeongguk's face was right in front of him, and he was looking at him like he was the only thing in the world worth looking at. Taehyung saw his cute little mole under his lips and wondered how it would feel to touch it. With his lips.

"Well, the prince will have the knight know that he is very satisfied with his tributes. And he would like to know how can he repay this heroic gallant knight." Taehyung replied with equal mischief, making Jeongguk throw his head back in laughter.

down where it's wetter | KOOKVजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें