She was pregnant

AUTHORS NOTE: A fiction about what could have happened after S1E9. This is just an alternate ending (personally I don't think this would happen to season 1 Rory) and I wanted to explore the idea of this. 

I feel sick as I look at the two lines that have appeared on my pregnancy test. I can't believe I slept with Dean at Miss Patty's after the Chilton dance. I can't be pregnant. I'm supposed to go to Harvard, become a journalist and then start a family after all of that. How on earth am I going to tell my mum. Especially after we had a massive fight about it and I promised her that nothing happened. 

"Hey should we order pizza or Chinese food for dinner?" Lorelai called out from the living room. 

The thought of either of those foods made me feel sick to my stomach so I said nothing. 

"Ok... I'll take that as both then."

I need to tell her. I just need to wait for the right moment. As if she's read my mind, my mum comes waltzing into my room (I shove the pregnancy test under my bed as soon as I here her footstep) and plops herself down at the end of my bed. 

"Hey mum can I ask you something?"

"Well that right there was a question so is that all you wanted to ask my," she says chuckling to herself.

"Mum," I say annoyed. 

"Sorry hun its was just a joke. Go on, you can ask me anything."

"Remember how we had that massive fight about Dean and I staying out all night in Miss Patty's dance studio?"

"Yeah sweetie but it's totally fine now. I understand and believe you that nothing happened."

"Well I didn't exactly tell you the truth."

"Rory. What are you saying?"

"Mum I'm pregnant."

She shakes her head and walks out my bedroom.

"Mum, MUM. Talk to me PLEASE!"

"Well Rory I don't really know where to start. Should we about the fact that you lied to me or the fact that you're a pregnant 16 year old? You were supposed to have more than me. You were supposed to go to Harvard and become a journalist."

"Mum I'm sorry. We were swept up in the moment. We had just became boyfriend and girlfriend, we sat down and were reading and it just happened. I'm so sorry, please just help me and tell me what to do."

"I want you to leave for a few hours and give me some time to process all of this."

"And where exactly do you want me to go?"

"Go to Luke's, go to Al's or go to Dean's. Yeah go to Dean's and tell him the big news I'm sure he'll love it," she says sarcastically and then goes upstairs to her room.

I cry grab my school bag with tears streaming down my cheeks. I can't tell Dean. I can't risk losing him over the fact that I was so irresponsible. I run all the way until I get to the bus stop and go to the only place I can think of in the heat of the moment. Next stop: Hartford.