She said yes (part 2)

We've been driving for hours when we arrive in New York City. Jess tells me that he sold some of his things that had value so he could rent an apartment that's above a CD shop. It's perfect. The store owners name is Drew and he's  a sweet old man who seems to know everything about music. We ares airing the apartment with him. The apartment is quite large for a place that's above a shop. Jess and I's room overlooks a busy road and Drew's room is all the way down a long hallway. 

"Jess I should call my mum and tell her where I am."

"Yeah, yeah do whatever you need," Jess says in an understanding tone. 

I take my phone and my purse and start dialling my mum's number. 

"Hey kid, so the weirdest thing happened at Al's today and..."

"Mum, I need to talk you you about something."

"Ok, what's wrong Rory?"

"I'm with Jess."

"What! Why? Where?"

"He just showed up at my dorm room and now we're in New York."

"New York! Rory what are you thinking. School starts back up soon you need to come home."

"Mum school doesn't start for a few months. I want to spend the summer here with Jess."

"Jess isn't good for you hun, every time you're with him he just causes trouble and hurt."

This is when I walk into the living room so Jess won't hear.

"Jess and I are meant to be together. I want to stay here with him."

"Rory this is a bad decision. What about money huh, have you even thought about anything important."

"I'm hanging up now. If you can't support my decisions then I don't want to talk to you about it."

She beats me to it and hangs up the phone. I walk out of the living room and close the door behind me as I walk into Jess and I's room. 

"What did she say?" Jess asks me. 

I just shake my head and hope he understands what's happened.