She Eloped (part 2)

Rory and April arrive in Rory's car about an hour and half after we've arrived at Martha's Vineyard. Each give me a quick hug. 

"I love you mum, I'm so happy for you!"

"Thanks kid."

April, who is dressed in a tuxedo (she wanted to be Luke's best man) runs over to Luke as Rory and I rush off to get ready.

Luke has booked a small inn in Martha's Vineyard. He was worried we wouldn't get a room since we arrived and practically asked on the spot. The old lady who worked at the counter said that not many people are at the vineyard this time of year. Lucky for us this meant we are able to use the beautiful courtyard for our wedding. The lady's husband had a licence and she said she'd get him to come by and marry us. It all fell into place so quickly and perfectly that it didn't feel real. But it's Luke so it's working out this way because it was meant to be. 

I slip into my dress, my hair and makeup already done before Rory got here. My hair is in a twist at the back of my head and Rory places the tiara on the top of my head. 

"I can't believe this is finally happening."

"I can mum. You deserve this so much. You're the best mum and I want you to be so happy."

I smile at her as she gathers the train at the back of my dress and I open the brass doors leading to the courtyard. 

Luke is standing aside April and both their smiles are so wide matching Rory and I's. 

We read our vows, are pronounced husband and wife and we decide it's time for cake. Luke tells me that whilst I was getting ready he arranged a coffee cake with white frosting to be made and he gave them the cake topper that Sookie gave him to put on top. 

April, Rory, Luke and I go to the beach whilst the cake is being made and we laugh at April as Luke tries to dunk her in the water. Then the girls go back to the Inn and Luke and I have time alone. 

"I love that we can all hang out together now," I say to Luke, grinning. 

"Me too, I mean it took us a while but here we are. I knew you were the one always."

I've never felt happier as I sit with Luke eating our coffee cake. Sookie was right, the dude on the cake topper does have Luke's butt.  

"I'll be back," I say to Luke, not feeling well all of a sudden. 

When I make it back to our room I barely get to the bathroom before throwing up in the sink. I guess that's what I get for eating 2 thirds of a wedding cake. But suddenly I'm craving apples and the night with Christopher flashes back to me and I know that's not why I've just been sick. 

I'm pregnant with Christopher's baby.