Lane married Dave (part 3)

Rory arrives to help me get ready the next morning. Dave found a lovely beach for us to get married at and his uncle is going to marry us. The dress I chose is an off the shoulder slightly creamy floor length gown with small flowers starting at the waist and getting more gradual as the run down the back of the train. Rory tells me how handsome Eric and Steve look  and I believe her because I've seen how they look in normal clothes. But no one could look as handsome as my Dave. We all walk down to the beach together because Dave and I don't believe it's bad luck to see each other on the ACTUAL wedding day. 

When we arrive the beach has an arch way set up with fairy lights going all the way around it. It's so beautiful I can't help but throw my arms around Dave and plant a kiss on his lips. 

"We're getting married!" I squeal to him. 

"I know," he says back, looking happier then I've ever seen him before. 

                                                          ****************************

The ceremony is quick. We both say I do, no vows (Dave already told me everything he wanted to last night because he didn't want to do it in front of everyone). Dave scooped me up into a fireman's carry and threw me in the ocean. Rory and the boys joined us and we all splashed around in the freezing but refreshing water. Dave and I agreed we'd have another wedding back in Star's Hollow so my mother could be there and have it her traditional way but we're glad we had this one first because it was perfect even if it was nothing like I imagined my wedding to be when I was younger. But I guess my whole relationship with Dave has been unexpected, heart wrenching but oh so perfect at the same time. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life by his side  in California. Oh yeah, I'm moving in with him next year to his off campus apartment. My mother doesn't know yet but I want to be in charge of my life from now on. After all, if it weren't for me going after what I want, I would never have been here in an airport on the way to Stars Hollow with my hand intertwined with Dave.

AUTHORS NOTE: This is the end of the Lane married Dave story. I hope you've all enjoyed reading this part about two people who I always thought were made for each other. 

Thanks for all the votes and reads, daisybrown0001 <3