She was pregnant (part 4)

RORY's POV

It's the day of the wedding and there's still been no word from mum of whether she's coming or now. My heart breaks at the thought of her not seeing me get married, of her not walking me down the isle and of course her not being involved in the life of my baby.

A small tear drop hits my stomach which is starting to form a small bump, nothing large,  just looks like my stomach the morning after mum and I take on the whole menu at Luke's. My heart is crushed again at the thought of Luke. I want him to be here too, none of this is right.

I'm wearing the wedding dress grandma bought for my mum to wear when she wanted her and my dad to get married. I can't believe I've let the same thing happen to me - she wanted so much more for me and worked so hard for that to happen. The dress fits like a glove and I slip it onto me, before I trip over the stool I was just sitting on. 

I stand up after a few seconds of staring at the ceiling - I know I only tripped but when your day is already going horribly, a small fall feels like the breaking point of everything. There's a few small droplets of blood that scatter the floor where I just got up from and I rush to the mirror to see what I need to bandage up. 

I run my fingers across my face and my head, along with my arms but there are no visible wounds and I just assume the small blood droplets were there before I arrived in this dressing room. I stand quickly to continue my dressing when a searing pain shoots through my stomach causing me to sit back down as quickly as I stood. As my behind meets the chair, there's a noise that changes everything. I want to look down but I can't bring myself to do so, so instead I place a hand inside the tulle of the dress. I pull my hand from inside my dress and my worst thoughts are cemented. Red. Red on my hand. The same red I saw on the floor moments ago. Coming out of me. 

I burst into silent sobs as I tear the wedding dress from my body, more angrily as I see the red mess inside of it. I throw on my jeans and sweater and take all the flower pins out of my hair and run. I run out of the church through the back door as to not be seen by my grandparents or any of the guests who've arrived early. Once I'm out the church, I'm out of breath and decide to walk down one of the paths leading somewhere else. That's when I see it. The jeep. 

"Mum?" I call, assuming she's nearby.

"MUM!" I scream, now frantic to find her.

"Hey kid," says a voice from behind me.

"I turn and see her standing beside Luke."

"I see you're pulling a runner," she chuckles, indicating for Luke to hop back in the car, "Like mother like daughter I guess." 

"Well, not exactly just like you," I say quietly before tears start streaming down my face once again.

She stands infront of me, unsure what's happening, but as she looks down as my jeans now holding a small blood stain, I see her heart break in two.

She yanks me towards her and holds me in her arms and we both cry and we cry until we simply can't anymore.

After crying our hearts out, I change into some spare clothes from the trunk of the car and settle into the passage seat with Luke settling in the back seat.

"Let's go home," mum says, before pulling out of the park, past this life that was never supposed to be mine and back to Stars Hollow where we belong.