Chapter Twelve : Rose AKA Moodswing Of The Year

I ran straight to the girls dorms and checked the main internary. I'm looking for a rose, rose, rose....

There's only one rose.

Rose Rivers. Dorm A 5. Room 13.

I ran up and down the sidewalk that aligned all the dorms together searching for A 5.

Then I found it.

An old faded building that looked abandoned.

I walked up to the door and knocked (OK, banged) on the door.

After a good minute of banging on the old wooden door where I most certainly left a dent in it a girl opened it.

I ran past her and ignored her shouts and began looking for Rose.

I ran upstairs and searched for room 13 and then I found it.

I opened her door and it swung open only to reveal....not Rose.

Just a very scared girl who I had apparently woken up.

"Rose Rivers? " I said.

"T-T-That's m-me. " she stuttered out.

"Sorry for the intrusion... " I said and ran out of the room, down the stairs, and back outside, again ignoring whoevers yelling.

If Rose Rivers isn't Rose, then who is she? " I thought aloud after I had gotten away from the dorms.

"Just Rose." I heard behind me.

I turned around only to be met with a dagger at my throat.

"Rose... " I said.

She looks completely different now. She's not a shy little girl anymore, more like (and I hate to say it cause I know I'm not...) a badass.

"I'm not a bad person Yuki. I promise. We probably shouldn't have met. We shouldn't have talked. You should've never bumped into me. "

Clumsyness. It does kill, I thought sarcastically.

"But most importantly you shouldn't have seen dear old Tai tonight. Or maybe you could've lived, unlike him. "

I felt the dagger cut in deeper into my neck nicking it slightly in several places.

"Rose, you don't have to do this! " I said.

"Don't you see! Don't you relize! I do! I have to kill you. There can be no witnesses to my crime. I'll get the other two later." she said.

Mom and dad!

Okay now that's it.

Threaten me, I'm cool with it.

Threaten my parents, you're dead.

I elbowed her in the gut and grabbed her arms twisting them and knocking the dagger from her hands.

She headbutted me and kicked me in the shins.

I groaned and backed away catching my breath.

Then I noticed her start to take her gloves off.

Oh no.

I reached for my sword then remembered I had left it at the house.

Dammit.

She flung her gloves to the side and completely revealed her hands.

I had only caught a glimpse of them before. The pure horror that those hands gave off was terrifying.

They were hands of death.

"Rose, if you're gonna kill me then kill me. But just answer one question for me before you do? " I said.

"What? "

"Why did you kill Tai?"

She laughed.

" Killing is my job. It doesn't matter why I did it, you'd have to ask my customer about that. But you'll be a bit too dead to do any talking, don't you think?" she said and ran at me.

Then it dawned on me.

Rose is the assassin.

I need her to help me, not kill me.

"Rose! What if I told you I have an a Umm.. Request? Murder for hire? "

She stopped running and stared at me.

"You want to do business with me? "

"Umm, yeah. There's someone I need you to help me kill. "

"How much will you pay me? "

"A lot. I swear. Just don't kill me. You'll make a lot more money if you don't kill me. "

"Who do you want me to kill?" she said proudly.

"Umm, see, Umm, they're coming tomorrow and she's gonna try to kill me and probably maybe others. She makes you look like the tooth fairy from what I've heard. "

"What! " she screamed.

"Yep. She's deadly. Menacing. Evil. A much better killer than you. " I said knowing I was getting on her touchy side.

"No one is better than me! When this, whoever this is, comes tomorrow, I'll show them who's the best!" she said.

"Deal? " I said.

"Deal. " she said.

"So can you put your gloves back on now and come with me so we can get ready?" I said.

She put her gloves on smugly and smirked.

"I'll lead the way. " she said proudly and began marching off.

Okay, I think I hit a nerve called pride....