Chapter Seven : I Am A Bandaid

"Oh my god. Meia. In the short time I've met you, you have probably been the most cryptic person I've ever met. Explain in terms I can understand. "

I said.

"Sorry. I had another vision. It wasn't clear though - which is amazing. That means that fate hasn't been decided yet."

"And this vision was about a war? " I said.

"Yes. I saw an evil shadow that took over everything. The only way to stop it was to find a few certain people. The funny thing though, is that all the people I saw are from a children's fairytale my sister used to read me when we kids. "

"This is still confusing. So... We have to find imaginary characters from a story. That doesn't sound impossible at all... "

"I know right! " Meia said, obviously not getting the sarcasm.

I thought back to everyone back in the room.

She said we have to stick together?

Yep, the world is screwed.

"Meia, don't you understand? I can't save the world. I can't even save my friendships... "

"Yuki, don't you understand? We don't have a choice. This is your fate. You must accept it as a piece of yourself. "

"Well, I don't want it!"

"Oh goodness, now you're going to walk out on me and not listen-"

"Yes I am. "

I walked away from Meia with a frown engraved into my face.

Perfect.

Just perfect.

I had to die to save the world last time.

And now, storybook characters... I just can't take anymore of this.

I kept walking and walking until I made it to a part of the hallway with no lights.

I sat down with my back against a wall and ran my hands through my hair.

How does whoever expect me to do all this stuff? I wasn't born perfect! I can't save anyone. Usually, I just end up hurting others.

I heard footsteps and looked up to see a very dishelved and out of breath Meia.

"I'm sorry Yuki, to always be the bringer of bad news. "

"It's - it's alright. Sit down." I said.

She sat down beside me and looked at me sadly.

"I know what it's like you know. " she said.

"What what's like? "

"To feel like you're not in control of your life. To feel powerless when everyone demands you be powerful. Nobody's perfect, Yuki. Just don't think of it as me asking you to save the world. Think of it as I'm asking you to be a bandaid to the world. The world falls down and it gets a few cuts and bruises. All you have to do is protect a spot until it heals."

"I'm not good at medical stuff either. " I confessed.

"Well, you have to be good at something!" she said cheerily.

"I have no talents, Meia. "

"Really? Come on, think real hard on it. Tell me. "

"Don't you already know everything I'm gonna say? "

"Try to surprise me. "

" I can... Use a sword good enough, I can pick good sushi, I can fall on my face and succeed in making moments awkward... "

"See, that's something! " Meia said.

"They're not the best talents Meia... "

"Yuki, don't you relize how being a seer isn't the best talent? I'll be out in public and I'll predict a meteor will crash into the restaurant I'm at and I'll freak out. Then, fate might change and nothing happens and I get the "you're crazy" looks. Our talents may not be the creme of the crop but at least we have some. "

"You're right.... "

"Yes, I am. " she said proudly.

Then her smile faded away.

She stood up and started pacing back and forth.

"Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no.... " she muttered.

"Meia, what is it? " I said.

"My mothers coming to visit. Apparently you time traveling caused a disturbance in the time continuum again..."

"Again?!?" I shouted.

"Well how did you think you got here? "

"Fairy dust... "

She sighed.

"My mother is a cruel woman. Hates me, hates the world, hates just about everything -"

"Sounds like a good person! " I said.

"No, it doesn't! " Meia shouted.

"Meia, oh my gosh, sarcasm. Learn it. "

"Oops. Sorry. But, where was I... My mother is horrible. She also hates it when seers break the rules which I did to save you. Now, she's figured out I'm alive and and you're alive and wants us, not alive. "

"I don't even know this woman! What is her problem with me! "

"Her problem with you is, she didn't want you to live again because you still have important things to do and those things involve her not being queen of everything."

"So wait... She's getting all pissy because of things I haven't even done yet? "

"Yes. But I think a better word would be enraged. "

"So, when is she gonna be here? "

"Tomorrow. "

"I can never catch a break can I? "

"It appears you cannot. " Meia said.

"Well then, band-aids assemble!"

Meia just looked at me like a flying firebreathing spatula had come out of nowhere and smacked me on the eyeball.

"No? " I said.

"Don't ever do that again. Ever. "

"See! You can be funny!" I said.

She just stared.

"I was being serious. " she said.