Chapter Eight : Storybook Characters And A Daddy's Girl

A/N

When I saw that the reads had hit 2.01K, I think I lost it. I was just eating my breakfast dealing with morning grouchiness and I saw it. And just wow.... I ran around the house screaming 2.01K like a chant. I need serious help.... But anyways, I've gotten a serious case of the writing bug lately so I'll try to update more often!

Love you all! - bluelion2

(Yuki's Pov)

"Sorry.... " I said trailing off.

"So, who are these story book characters we need to find?" I said.

"They're all characters from a book called, The Divided Castle. It's about a princess who has to keep her always warring two kingdoms from falling apart. One day, a bringer of chaos comes to rule both. The princess then go's on to search for the only people who can help her stop chaos. A seer, a knight, a servant, and an assassin."

"So, we need all of them and we're okay? "

"We also need the princess. "

"Who's the princess? "

"You. " Meia said quietly.

"Wait, what? "

"You're the princess from the story and I have a feeling I'm the seer. It kinda makes sense. " she said.

"It does. " I admitted. "But what about the divided kingdoms? I don't really rule anything if my memory is correct... "

"Well, you are descended from Satan. So,Princess of Gehenna and your Mom is human, Princess of Assiah? Divided kingdoms?"

"Okay, the princess thing is starting to make a little sense... " I said.

"Who's the knight, servant, and.... assassin?" I said struggling to say the last word.

"I don't know. Seriously, my minds blank. No seer magic going on. " she said seriously.

So, how are we gonna find them? I thought to myself.

"I suggest that we get ready for whom I think is the villian from the story. My mother." she said.

"Bringer of chaos, isn't that a little strong? " I said.

"Is that sarcasm? " she said suspiciously.

"Not this time. " I said.

"Bringer of chaos should be my mother's name. It completely describes her. " Meia said seriously.

There was a little silence there for a second until I spoke up.

"I should probably get back. I think I gave them enough time to process my aliveness. I still have school. " I said.

"Of course. " Meia said. "But, please wait three more minutes, just to be safe. " she said.

"Thanks, Meia. "

"Anything for you. We're future best buddies! " she said and hugged/attacked me.

"Okay, Meia, bit too much buddiness over here. " I said struggling to breathe.

"Sorry. " she said and let go of me.

I took a deep breath and was able to breathe again.

Then she skipped off down the endless hallway. I wonder how she got in, well, Mephisto.

The clown I kicked out once because his outfit was too annoying.

It still boggles my mind how they're together.

I started walking back to class after about three minutes like Meia asked me to do and opened the door.

Just about everyone was gone.

Damn, Meia! She got me to go back just as everyone was leaving. I noticed the Christmas decorations everywhere and relized why it was so cold outside.

It's Christmas time.

Snow will be coming soon. My namesake...

The few people that were there noticed me and their eyes widened but they didn't say anything.

I sat down next to dad and he gave me a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry I didn't go out there to help you. I was trying to help explain why you're here and not in the ground. "

"That's creepy. I can't imagine myself dead. And everyone thought I was dead. So, it's weird. " I said.

"It's not too werid. " dad said.

I turned to face him completely.

"Why are you always able to adapt? Like to everything! When I came here and told you I was your daughter, when I came back... It didn't matter... You always accepted me whatever." I said.

"Isn't that what you're supposed to do? " he said.

"Huh?" I said confused.

"Look, I've learned that crazy stuff happens all the time. After a while, you get used to it. I accept you because you're my daughter and I'm not that suprized that you are, even if you look just about my age. I just knew." he said truthfully.

I hugged him still sitting in my desk.

Thank you.

I've waited many years...

I pulled away and smiled, thinking back to the old days.

The hugs he gave me an the stories he read to me at bedtime.

Even when I was five, I still was a daddy's girl.