Chapter Sixteen : Thorns

(Rose's pov)

I can't believe I have to sleep in this house!

And on the floor of all places!

This is just a disgrace to me!

I kept tossing and turning on the floor, very uncomfortable, I might add.

That Meia left a while again and Yuki's fast asleep in a nice soft bed.

Uggh.

I hate her!

I should just kill her.... But....

For some reason I don't want to.

That's strange.

I stood up and fluffed my pillow and blanket and laid back down quickly.

It's not fair!

I looked up at Yuki and saw she was crying in her sleep.

I wonder what's that about...

Well, it's none of my business. She can cry all she wants to, I don't care.

I looked up again.

Who am I kidding...

I stood up sat down beside her on the floor and sighed.

"I'm going to tell you a story now, so dry it up, you're not getting any sympathy from me! "

She just moved a little.

Why am I even doing this?

"Once upon a time, there was a little girl. She was kind and nice and loving to everyone she met. Her parents were never home for the little girl because they always had to work. The only person the little girl had when her parents left was her older brother. He loved her and cared for her when her parents left. He made her special gloves for her cursed hands. He cooked her birthday cakes for every birthday. And he made a promise. He told that little girl that he was going to grow up and track down the demon that had cursed his sister's hands. He would find a way to kill the demon. So, on his sixteenth birthday, he left the little girl at home alone for the first time in her entire life. He was going to a school that would make him stronger so that he could fight for his sister. He promised he would write her every single day. At first, he kept he promise. He wrote every single day for a year. 365 letters. She cherished every single letter from her brother because every time she saw one in the mail, she felt like she wasn't alone. Then, came the day when he broke his promise. At first, just four letters a week, then, four letters a month, then, four letters a year. Finally, nothing. The little girl grew cold hearted and bitter without him. She had no love from anyone and was all alone.

Then, one day she received a letter.

It was from her brother. He had sent her a letter begging for help and forgiveness. He had fallen in love with.... A demon. The same demon that had cursed his sisters hands was now her sister in law. They were in danger and running from the true cross. He asked the girl, who was no longer little anymore, if she wanted to escape the country with them.

She replied yes.

When his sister came to greet him, instead of a warm hug, she gave him cold deadly hands. It wasn't long before her kind brother was dead.

Her brother's wife vowed to one day, find her sister in law and finish the job of killing her which she had once failed to do.

The girl, lost and confused, ran.

She ran and ran until she found her brothers school. She made her own vow that day, to protect herself and track down the demon that had cursed her hands herself. She slowly became stronger and more powerful than all of her enemies combined.

She, the once beautiful Rose had died, and the thorns grew over her and shielded her in exchange for slowly killing her. All the little girl wanted, all the older girl wanted, was for someone to love them unconditionally like that brother did. But the girl found no one. Maybe.... "

I looked up at Yuki and saw she had stopped crying.

"Maybe she found her sister... " I said and went back over to my spot on the floor and curled up in a ball and cried.

I'll tear the thorns down.

But I won't be alone this time.