Final Ending

OR alternate ending???

Chance made it an everyday thing to visit and have dinner with us. Lily and Ness were always happy to see Chance, especially when he brought them snacks. Ever since the greatest event happened in our lives with the wedding of exes, we had turned to each other. Who else would understand this more than the both of us? We both got cheated on by our best friends and partner. We both felt the similar pain of what happened, so naturally, we just confided in each other. Alex was one of the only people that had seen everything that happened, she had gotten an apartment a few doors down. She had reconnected with me after high school and from there on, we stayed in touch and she helped out when she could. 

After dinner, Chance helped with cleaning up and stayed for awhile to hang out. The girls had fell asleep after eight, leaving the apartment quiet for us to relax. Chance would tell me about the drama at his work, all surrounding the very few women mechanics at the shop. Later in the late evening, he had gotten invited out and left after making sure we were okay.

"Are you sure you girls will be okay?" He asked with his eyebrows furrowed in concern.

Nodding I began to gently push him to the door, "We stay here every night by ourselves, I think we'll be fine" 

"You think? That's a very convincing answer, remember when the next door neighbors broke in and almost stole your TV?" He stopped, looking at me, "What if they try to break in again?" 

Rolling my eyes, I sighed at his melodramatic concern for our safety, "Chance, they got evicted"

His shoulders dropped in relief, "Good, but are you sure Lily, Ness, and you, will be okay?" His eyes searched my face.

Nodding curtly, I held his hoodie out to him, "Chance, don't worry about us, we're perfectly fine"

He stared at me, skeptically, "Fine. Call me if anything happens" He began to put his shoes on.

"Yeah I know. Be safe" I called out to him, as he reached for the doorknob. 

Quickly he turned around to me with a glare and his finger on his lips, telling me to be quiet, "You'll wake the girls up" 

I grabbed a random crayon from the carpet that I spotted and threw it at him, laughing, "Leave"

He sarcastically blew a kiss and left, shutting the door quietly.

Let's say the night out with his coworkers didn't end up too well and I got a call from the police station regarding Chance. I had called Alex over, where she was surprisingly glad to watch the girls, and I was shocked that she was up at 2 a.m. 

Arriving at the station, I didn't think that I would have to face them again. That's when my heart got tugged even more. Seeing them and noticing that Madison's hand instinctively went to her stomach that had a slight bulge when her eyes landed on me. A bulge that I knew too well.

Madison was pregnant with Darren's child. I had plenty of mixed emotions. How do you deal with your ex best friend and ex boyfriend having a child together? Darren had a nasty black eye and a bruised jaw. While my guy Chance, had a split lip and a wad of toilet paper stuck up into his nose. It satisfied a small part of me knowing that Darren looked worse than Chance. There was also the melancholy of seeing the two best friends injured because they had fought with each other. We were told was happened and that they were free to go since they both were cooperating with the cops that were sent. We began to leave the station in the crisp night air. The four of us walking to parking lot across the street.