28

"Babies look healthy, overall" the doctor smiled at us.

"Have you picked any names?" She asked as she hand us the pictures.

"No" I smiled, "I didn't think it was so hard to pick names" I chuckled.

"No doubt, it took me until my baby boy was born to finally pick his name" she wiped the goo off my big belly and helped me sit up.

After the appointment, the doctor said I could be due in a couple days by the positions they're in. That made me terrified.

Darren grabbed my hand while my mom went inside of the house before us.

"Think of names?"he asked.

"Yes" I nodded.

"And?" He trailed off.

"It's a surprise" i smiled.

He rolled his eyes.

The babies were active a lot when I was around Darren which i always found funny in a way.

"When are you going to be on maternity leave?" Darren asked as we entered my house.

"I have no clue, the doctor said the babies might be coming sooner than expected so I'll have to talk to the guidance lady" i sat on the couch.

"I have to go, my cousins are in town" he grumbled.

"You don't sound too happy" i chuckled.

"I am, it's just, I'm being forced into spending time with them" he sighed.

"That's not bad, we dont always have to be around each other" I looked up at him from the couch.

"Are you sure? You'll be okay?" He asked.

"Yes, ill be fine, go spend time with your family now" I joked.

"I love you" he kissed my forehead.

"I love you, too" i squeezed his hand as he left.

Now it was my mom and I.

She came from down the hall her room was located.

"Okay, since the babies might be due earlier, I was thinking after next week you could start to take time off of school" she explained as i nodded.

I winced at the babies kicking my ribs which sent my mom in a frenzy.

"What's wrong? Are you getting contractions? Do we need to go to-" her eyes were wide as she was trying to aid me.

"No mom, it's just theyre kicking my ribs" I grimaced.

She sighed with relief.

"Where did Darren go?" She asked.

"He went home, his cousins are visiting" I turned on the tv with the remote.

She nodded and left back into her room.

My phone buzzed on the side table.

I quickly opened the text from Darren that said he's basically in hell for being stuck with his younger cousins.

I giggled and messaged him back.

I flipped through the channels trying to find something good to watch.

There was a rhythm of knocks coming from the front door. I slowly got up and walked over to open it.

"Maddy?" I questioned.

"Surprise to see your best friend?" She smiled.

"Actually yeah" i stepped aside to let her in.

"Sorry, it's just, Chance is so amazing and this has never happened to me" she walked in the living room to the couch.

I walked behind her and fell next to her.

"You're big" she eyed my stomach.

I looked at my pregnant belly.

"Yeah" I smiled as I gently ran my fingers over my stomach.

"How are you and Darren?" She asked.

"We're great" i smiled at her.

"Have you thought of any names?" She asked.

"I have a few options"

"What are they?" She asked.

"I want to name my girls after iconic duo characters, but then maybe not" I said.

"From books?" She stated.

"Yeah! It would be awesome"

"Well i dont know much about books" she laughed.

"Okay, besides books what else do you love?"

I stared at her, "You're my best friend you're suppose to know this"

She thought for a little bit before mentioning constellations, older names, and Greek mythology.

"Name one of them Hades! You know how cool that would be?" She excitedly said.

"It would but, i want to name then something cool and pretty, and girl names"

"How about naming your baby girls after stars?" She asked.

"Maybe" I thought at the idea.

"That would be cool if you have them corresponding names" she smiled excitedly.

"I know, I know" I rubbed my belly, "But its kind of corny at the same time" I sighed.

Madison was staring at my belly with love. I grabbed her hand which shook her out of her trance and placed it where I felt one of my girls kicking.

"Aw" she smiled.

"That's your aunty" I quietly said down to my belly.

I looked at Madison who was smiling so big, and genuinely looked happy.

"I can't wait until they're here" she whispered.

We sat there, talking of what kind of names to give my babies.