40

1 year later.
Maisie's Graduation.

It was so beautiful out.

I sat in my section according to last names. Senior year was tough. Dealing with college applications, applying for scholarships, getting my work turned in, being a mom to two baby girls who were going through milestones like sitting up, crawling, then using furniture to lean against and walk. Now they were walking.

Vanessa and Lily were walking. Being a year and seven months. They loved talking to each other, being really loud, babbling.

I loved them so much, there were times I questioned if I could handle both of them, on my own. But my mom encouraged me.

Today they were dressed in cute pink and white dresses, Lily had a white bow head band, while Vanessa had a pink bow head band.

My hair was curled, short, and blonde at the tips. Cutting my hair at the start of senior year, felt like a relief. One, my babies couldn't tug on it, and two, I looked at it as letting go of what happened.

I was wearing my purple gown and cap, waiting for my principal to deliver his speech. Quickly looking out on the bleachers, I spotted Chance who was with Madison, their hands lazily intertwined. Madison wore the same gown and cap, Chance wore his fraternity shirt from the college he attends. My mom was here with all of my extended Family, Daniel was even here.

My grandparents frowned upon me when they found out I had twins, they wouldnt even speak to me for a month, but they eventually came around and love them as much I do. My aunts and uncles set up play dates with their babies, and my cousins were mostly around my age who loved spending time with Vanessa and Lily.

Madison ran to her seat, in her heels, like it was nothing, even in grass. Our principal said his introduction, taking longer than he needed, then letting our class speaker up, and then the valedictorian. This took forever, but I was way to excited and nervous to care. When they were done, the names began. It seemed to go faster when you are the one graduating instead of being in the crowd. I was nervously playing with the purple and white string tassle that had 2018 in silver, shiny, metal, dangling.

I was too nervous to hear my name being called, it wasn't until the person next to me nudged me, and hearing my named being called for the second time. I hastily got up, and walked to the stage. I heard airhorns and yelling, possible from my family.

As I was handed my diploma, I was towering over our principal and teachers with the wedges I was wearing. Shaking their hands, I walked down the stage, and to where the graduating seniors were standing.

It took forever to get done, then the next thing, everyone was cheering. Madison jumped on me, making us tumble to the ground.

"We're done! We're done!" She chanted as we helped each other up.

"I hope to never see any of you ever again" she yelled out to the crowd.

Her parents found us, with Chance trailing behind. She was given a bouquet of roses by her parents.

"Where's my graduation present?" She teased Chance.

"Your graduation is your present" he said. She looked really dumbfounded.

"You can't say stuff to her like that, Chance, she'll take forever" I laughed, "Do you smell that? I think she's thinking too hard" I laughed harder. Madison pushed me lightly, and Chance finally caught on.