14

We got out of the water and sat where our feet were still in the water.

"This one on my knee is from when I jumped from my bike in the second grade" be pointed to a decent sized scar on the side of his right knee.

"Weren't you quite the daredevil?" I teased him.

"Well then, how did you get the long scar on your arm?" He asked.

I stretched my right arm out.

"Didn't you say it had to do something with your ex?"

I took a deep breath and tucked my hair behind my ears. The weather was already humid and it was only past noon.

I unbuttoned my shirt and took it off leaving me in a black sports bra.

"It's hot out" I looked at Darren as he was looking at me.

My face turned red, "Uh, anyways my scar"

"Y-yeah" he snapped out of his daze.

I looked down at my stomach, it's not noticeable and it has only been a month, but I do seem to have gained a little bit of weight. Well, I can feel it, nobody has noticed yet.

"My ex, he was so manipulative" I shook my head.

"What did he do?"

"He knew how to talk to people, he was every girls dream boy" I shooked my head, "that was my first mistake, we dated my freshman year, and he was a troublemaker"

"One time he got into a fight with this guy from school and the guy brought out a pocket knife, and being the stupid 15 year old girl in love, I threw myself in front of him and the other guy sliced my arm" I glanced at Darren.

"The cut wasn't too deep, but was deep enough to create a scar" I ran my finger over it.

"So, that is how I got my scar"

"What about that one?" He said as he pointed to one on my hip.

"Car accident" I said looking at the scar again.

"Your life is full of accidents that could've killed you" he shook his head slightly.

"Yeah, but they didn't"

I looked at the scenery, there was a small cliff with people jumping off of it yelling.

"My cousins use to do that" I nodded my head in the direction.

"Cliff jumping?" He questioned.

"Yeah, they lived where there are a bunch of lakes and they'd go cliff jumping, although I was way too young it looked like so much fun"

"You've never been cliff jumping?" He asked.

"Um, have you seen my social life? Of course I haven't"

"You have to sometime" he smiled at me. His teeth are perfect.

"Yeah" I looked out at the ocean.

"I'm getting hungry" my stomach growled.

"I don't think we brought food" Darren looked around.

"I don't think so either" I got up and brushed the sand off me.

"Want to go back in town and get something to eat?"

"Yeah, let's find Chance and Madison" we walked to the water and sure enough they were splashing each other.

"Chance!" Darren yelled.

"Madison!" I yelled after Darren.

They didn't hear us. So I brought my fingers up to my mouth and whistled.