11

I woke up on the couch in my living room.

I rubbed my eyes, and looked at my surroundings.

Chance was sleeping on the loveseat and Darren was sleeping on the ground by the couch.

"What?" I whispered confused.

I checked the time, it was five in the morning and still dark out. The TV was on Disney channel showing Hannah Montana.

I got up, being careful not to step on Darren, and made my way to the kitchen.

I raided the pantry and fridge, finding nothing I wanted to eat. I went upstairs to get some blankets for Chance and Darren.

When I came back down, I saw Chance was on his phone.

"Why are you up?" I asked quietly as I threw a blanket at him.

"I'm a really light sleeper and heard you clanking bottles in the fridge" he chuckled.

"Oh" I whispered, I laid the blanket over Darren and sat back on the couch.

"Wait, why are you guys sleeping over here?" I asked confused.

"Funny story, so," he put his phone down and propped himself up on the arm rest, "When I tried to drop you off with Darren, the girl he was with was trying to come with us in her car, but we told her so many times that she couldn't but she followed us back to Darren's house"

"So, he invited her inside and said he needed to get a blanket, hopped in the car with us and we couldn't go to my house because my parents are very strict about coming home with a lot of people so we came here"

I nodded, "Why didn't he stay with her?"

"Because that's his ex" he trailed off.

"Not surprising, a lot of girls are his ex" I covered up with a blanket and started watching Disney channel.

I got on Facebook to see a lot of people who went to the bonfire posted pictures with the captions, "it was lit", "lit af", and the basic caption "last night was lit" followed by fire emojis.

-

The sun shined through part of the blue drapes in the living room. I looked around to see if they were still here. They were except Darren was on the recliner texting. Chance was on his phone too.

"Good morning sunshine" my mom walked past me in a nice dress.

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked her.

"Yes, I have a lunch date" she smiled as she left.

I checked my phone.

11:38

I got up and opened the curtains.

"Are you guys hungry?" I asked.

"What kind of question is that?" Darren looked back at me with an amused smile.

"Let's go" I grabbed my brothers car keys and slipped on some flip flops.

They followed me outside in the sun.

My brother had a white truck that seated six people and Darren wanted to sit in the middle of the front.

"Where do you guys want to eat?"

"Taco Bell" they both said.

We were on our way to taco bell and during that whole time, Darren and Chance were discussing what was odd in fast and furious.

"Don't you think it's weird how they never played music in their cars?" Chance thought aloud.

"I didn't even notice that" Darren replied.

"Wow, is this how most of your convos go?" I laughed.

"Sometimes" Darren shrugged.

It was quiet until I turned up the music.

We finally made it to taco bell. I was dressed in the same clothes from last night, so we're the other two. I quickly tied my hair up in a ponytail.

We got to the counter and ordered our food.

We chose a seat that was by the windows.

"So, does things like last night happen to you a lot?" I asked Darren.

He looked at me. I never noticed how pretty his eyes are, they're like a light blue with little spots of green.

"Not really, every now and then, except last night, wow she was being super clingy"

I giggled, "Did my mom talk to you guys?" I asked.

"Yeah, when we brought you home, she said we could stay"

I saw our food on the counter, got up, and grabbed it.

I grabbed my supreme nacho and the other two grabbed their three tacos.

We ate and talked about school.

"So, hows the, you know" Darren's eyes flickered to my stomach.

"She's doing good"

"She? No, the baby is going to be a boy" Darren stated obviously.

"Nah homie" I shook my head.

"Let's bet" he offered.

"Okay, twenty bucks and the loser treats the winner to a dinner at Olive Garden"

"Olive Garden?" I questioned.

"Yeah, that place bomb as fuck" he smiled at me.

"I've never been there, I always ate at Perkins" I shoved a nacho in my mouth.

Darren gasped dramatically but ended up choking on some of his food.

"Oh my god" I started laughing at him as he drank his pop.

He recovered and I was still laughing.

"That wasn't how it was suppose to go" he muttered.

"Dude, that was so funny" I laughed.

"Like your life"

"Your life is like your comebacks.... Sad" I smirked.

"Said the mirror as you looked in it"

"At least I'm good enough for the mirror to talk back to me"

"You need help if you think your mirror is talking to you" he chuckled.

I glared at him as he stared at me with amusement in his eyes.

"You win" I muttered.