19

With the huge family dinner last week, it didn't go as planned. Darren disappeared right before his mom and sister could leave. Daniel act really fast and left to meet up with his girlfriend Justice. So it was the four of us and a lot of food. Darrens mom realized how far I am and began to count how many more months I have to go. She also commented how big my stomach was getting. The fast forward to now, it was prom.

After dinner we had at a restaurant, we spent some time taking pictures. In between that time, Madison came over and did my makeup and hair.

Now, we're at prom and I was putting my hand on my pregnant belly protectively while we made it inside of the gym. My dress made my stomach look more prominent in the flowy material which caused people to stare at Darren and I. Chance and Madison went with the peach color of her dress.

Darren grabbed my hand and led us to an empty table. Madison and I sat down at the table draped in white cloth littered with little stars while Darren and Chance went to get us drinks.

"That was cute!" Madison yelled over the loud music.

"What?" I said confused.

"You guys were holding hands!" She gushed.

I rolled my eyes.

"You guys would make a cute couple!" She said.

"Uh, no have you forgotten he's like a major player? He's only here because of baby" I admitted. It actually made me sad I felt that way. Just something about him that is really nice to be around.

"They just had these tiny bottles of water" Darren sat next to me setting the water in front of me. He rested his arm around my shoulders, carefully while looking at me to see if it was okay.

Chance and Madison smirked at each other before looking at us.

I rolled my eyes at them while Darren just chuckled.

"Long time no see" I heard someone say in my ear. I slowly turned around to see the dark skinned girl with curly short hair.

"Alex!" I got up and hugged her.

She was dressed in a white short dress that was flowy.

"How are you? I haven't seen you in forever!" She smiled.

"I'm good, you?" I asked.

"Good" she smiled, "We should dance!" She said.

Just as she suggested it, the DJ put on a slow song.

"Never mind" her excitement deflated.

"Do you want to dance?" Darren asked standing beside me.

I looked over at him, he was searching the crowd for someone.

"Sure" I drawled out.

We both walked to where everyone was at.

I put my hands behind his neck while he rested his on my waist.

"Who were you looking for?" I asked.

"Huh?" His attention fully on me now.

"You were looking for someone, who was it?" I asked again, our eyes meeting each other's.

"No one import-"

"Can I have this dance?" Chance urged. He looked at Darren and they both nodded.

"I'll be back" Darren told me and then disappeared into the crowd.

Chance stood in front of me, awkwardly may I add.

"What's up?" I asked seriously.

"Oh, you know the ceiling" he chuckled nervously.

"Chance" I growled.

"I can't tell, sorry" he shrugged.

"What? What's happening?"

"Let's just say, Darren is taking care of business"

I started to look around and noticed Madison was gone too.

I glared at him, "Where's Madison?"

"Uh, they went to handle business" he chuckled but stopped when I started to walk past him.

"Maisie, stop!" He yelled.

"What?" I groaned.

"There's someone here, and I don't think you want to see them" he said.

"Where?" I asked. He sighed and gave in.

"Follow me" we walked outside of the hotel where prom was at.

The sky was now dark.

"Where are they?" I asked Chance.

"Shh" he shushed me, quietly listening
I glared at him, "Did you just-"

Then there was a loud bang coming from around the corner.

Chance motioned me to follow him.

When we got around the corner I saw Darren throwing at punch at someone I really wish I'd never see again.

"Why were you here?" Madison asked while Darren had the guy by his collar.

"I just wanted to see Maisie" he spit off to the side.

"Stop" I said sternly while catching their attention.

There he was, my ex. Landon Manson. The boy with brown eyes and curly short hair. That's all he was, a boy.

"Why are you here?" I asked him.

"For you" he smiled. It would've been charming if his teeth wasn't tinted red with blood.

"What part of 'I never want you in my life again' do you not understand, Lan?" I asked.

"You're using my nickname" he smiled.

"Cut to the chase, why are you here?" I asked more angrily.

His stare turned cold, "I came here for you, I barely see you at school"

I chuckled, "Why do you all of a sudden want to see me?"

"I heard something, and wanted to see if it's true" his eyes glanced down to my stomach and I took a step back.

"Why would that concern you?" I glared.

"Why? Because we dated a long time and you wouldn't even give it up"

"Was that all you cared about? You know what? Screw you"

"I rather not do that by myself, Maisie meet Naomi" I turned around and saw a girl I recognized.

"Shit" I mumbled. The girl glared at me as I remember her from taking with Darren and the one who Madison fought.

"Maisie, we gotta go" Madison gripped my arm and guided me away from the situation.

"Madison, what's going on?" I asked.

"Okay, so he actually found out about the baby..." She bit her lip.

I stood there, shocked.

"How did he find out? Do you think anyone else knows?" I panicked.

"I don't know, and... Probably because your showing"

"I'm dumb" I mumbled to myself.

"Okay, don't get mad at me, but it slipped out because originally he was only here to talk to you and I-" she said super fast.

"Maddy, it's okay" I calmly said.

She sighed, "I'm really sorry"

I looked back from where we came from. Landon and Naomi were getting in a bright red car. Darren and Chance were fixing their suits.

"Now what?" Darren quietly said to me.

"I don't know" I sighed.