32

October

Ever since I've told Darren I need to be alone, he's been distant. He hasn't even sent me a text or message or anything. Its like we were on a break or he was ignoring me. It hurt.

Not to mention I can't see anything on his social medias, which made me believe he's blocked me on everything. And it doesnt help I'm on maternity leave until December.

Althought Madison and Chase always talk to me, it felt weird when the person you want to talk to Is the same person you pushed away.

"Madison, I just don't know if we're still together" I said nervously in my phone. I was in the living room with the babies sleeping while I folded our laundry.

"Ask him" she sighed.

"I can't, I'm pretty sure he's blocked me in everything" I told her.

"Can't make a fuckboy into a loyal boyfriend" she sang into the phone.

"You are not any help" I groaned.

She sighed into the phone, "Okay, look Maisie" she began, making me stop my chores and sit on the ground with one of my elbows resting on my propped up leg, "Darrens a player, and I don't want you to get hurt" she said as with a tone of protectiveness, "you should cut ties with him. I know hes the father of your babies but it doesnt mean you both need to be together".

I sat there as we both got quiet.

"I have to go, Chance and I are picking out costumes for a Halloween party" she said quietly and hung up.

I slowly lowered my phone from my ear. Looking around the living room at the swings that held Vanessa and Lily peacefully sleeping. Their onsies and baby clothes scattered in stacked on the floor and couch. Blankets littered the recliner and a play pin was in the corner layered with blankets.

My mom entering the house interrupted my thoughts. She had a plastic bag in her hand, "I'm attending my work places holiday party" she smiled.

"How fun" I smiled at her still sitting in the same position.

Her smile faded away automatically, "What happened?" She asked me with concern like every mother does.

My eyes started to sting when I thought of what Madison told me and how alone I was. I shoyldnt have pushed Darren away.

"I'm on my own" I cried while my tears rolled down my cheeks.

"No you aren't" my mom sat on the couch and stroked my hair, "you have me" she said softly.

"I pushed Darren away and ever since then, he hasn't even tried talking to me" i cried even more, "Its all my fault" I sobbed.

"It's okay" she told me in a quiet, soothing voice.

It was a few minutes until I stopped crying and my mom kissed the top of my head.

"I can stay home tonight if you want?"  She told me.

I smiled and shook my head, "No, its fine, I'm just overwhelmed" i took a deep breath.

"Well, okay" she sighed, "I can order you takeout?" She asked me.

I nodded and smiled.

I looked around the living room and seen Vanessa and Lily still sleeping in their swings.

-----

My mom came out an hour later dressed all in black. Her dress hugged her body with sleeves that flared out from her elbow, she wore a long black wig and dark makeup.

I raised my eyebrows at her while i had the Chinese takeout box in my lap.

She rolled her eyes then smiled, "I'm Morticia, and my date is Gomez" she stated.

"The Adams Family?" I giggled.

"Yes and I need to go" she kissed my forehead and left.

I sighed and continuted to watch my movies waiting for trick or treaters.

I ate my pumpkin pie, constantly looking at my phone to see if Darren was going to call or text me.

"The party is here!" I jumped as my door swung open and someone yelling.

I turned around and saw Chase in a Buzz Lightyear costume, it looked pretty good. Trailing in after him was Madison and... Darren.

"Shut up!" I whispered yelled while I glared at Chance.

"Slow reaction" Madison chuckled silently.

Maddy was dressed as Jessie and Darren was dressed as Woody. I sat on the couch looking over my shoulder at the trio. I stared at Darren, shocked. This was the first time I've seen him in a few weeks. I felt so many emotions at once. I wanted to hug him and give him a kiss all while struggling to stop stop myself from jumping over the back of the couch and strangling him.

Darren looked at me and smiled showing his teeth. A genuine smile.

He came over and sat next to me.

"Hey" He whispered. I glared at him which made him seem uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry" he whispered.

Darren took off his cowboy hat and stared at me. His green eyes always stunned me with the mix of colors.

I looked back at him, "What?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Nothing" he looked away trying to hide his smile.

"Let's take a picture!" Madison handed me her phone.

The three of them posed together multiple times. My favorite was when Chase dipped Madison down and kissed her while Darren walked out of frame.

He stood next to me as Madison took her phone.

"Now you two!" She gently pushed us to the spot where they were standing at. I didn't want to take a picture with Darren.

I looked up at Darren while biting my lip nervously. He looked at me and started smiling. I saw a flash go off out of the corner of my eye and quickly looked over at Madison who was smiling at us.

"That was cute! Can I post them?" Madison asked.

"Darren?" I quietly asked.

"Yeah" he answered me.

"Guys? Its already four thirty, we need to be there by five" Chase checked his phone.

Madison and Chase left, leaving Darren and I alone.

"I'm sorry" He grabbed both of my hands.

"I guess thats a start" I shrugged.

"You wanted space and I gave you it" he tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Yeah, well, I have two babies" I glanced at the swings with my baby girls in them.

"Want me to stay? I can if you want" he suggested.

"No"

We heard a car honk outside.

He left reluctantly. I sighed.

The door opened and he came running in. He kissed me and looked at me, "I love you"

Then he walked out the door, leaving me in the entrance of the living room shocked.

I was so confused.