16

School carried on like usual except I would get glances from girls that I didn't know.

When lunch started, I met with Madison in the lunch line.

"Who did you tell off today?" I asked.

"Some girl who was talking shit" she told me.

"What was she saying?"

Madison bit her lip, "it was about you"

"Who was it, Madison?" I said calmly.

"Some junior girl" she shrugged.

We got in line for a sub they were serving.

After getting our food we found a table to sit at in the corner with a lot of empty spots.

"What was she saying" I crossed my arms on the table.

"Saying something about you and Darren are having a thing going on"

I chuckled, "That's all?"

"No, she said she wants to beat you up" Madison rolled her eyes.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, but don't worry, I handled it" she smirked and looked behind her.

I followed her gaze and saw the same girl Darren was flirting with today sitting a couple tables away.

Her lip was busted and she had a couple of visible scratches on her face.

"Madison, really? How didn't you get caught?" I exclaimed.

"I got her in the bathroom when the tardy bell rang"

"Madison" I groaned as I put my head in my hands.

"She has to get through me before she even touches you" she looked back at me.

"Thanks"

We ate our food quietly until someone jumped on our table. We both looked up at the person. Chance.

He had a microphone in his hand.

He tapped it a couple times and spoke in it.

"Madison do want to go to prom with me?" He smiled as he gained everyone's attention.

I started smiling like an idiot and looked over at Madison.

She was also smiling, "yeah" she told him.

"Hey! You give that microphone back!" A janitor came speed walking our way yelling at Chance.

"Gotta go" he winked at Madison as he jumped off our table.

"Look, I'm so sorry Donna-" he started to apologize but soon got interrupted when the vice principal wrote him up for a detention. When did the vice principal get here? It's like they appear when someone does something dumb. Security came and took the microphone from him.

"Don't call me Donna" the vice principal glared at him.

He nodded.

They left and he came to sit with us after they gave him a short lecture.

"That was unexpected" I giggled.

"Yeah, prom tickets are on sale, remember?" He reminded us.

"Yeah, but we're sophomores, remember?" I reminded him.

"Oh yeah, you can't go unless you've been invited by an upperclassmen" he recalled.

"No shit" Madison mumbled.

"Has anyone asked you yet" Chance stole my apple.

"Nope" I sighed, "I wish"

We ate in silence.

"Did you hear Darren is going to ask me to prom?" I looked up and saw the girl Madison fought walk slowly by our table with her friend.

"Yeah, I heard he's going to do it tomorrow" her friend looked at me and smirked.

Madison rolled her eyes and sat up straight. Chance did the same and smirked at both of us.

"Did you hear Darren might ask Maisie to prom, he was talking about it after we left your house, Maisie" he smiled.

The two girls glanced at me.

"Oh, uh really?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah, it was suppose to be a secret, but I'll just tell you" he winked at me.

The two girls walked away and threw their lunch in the trash.

"What the heck" I stared at Chance.

"What?" He asked innocently.

"That wasn't cool, now he's going to ask her and I'll be the joke"

"You never know that" he smiled and left.

"Chance!" I yelled.

"That my name" he yelled over his shoulder.

I looked at Madison.

"I think you just crushed that girls ego" she looked back at the junior.

She was furiously texting away on her phone.

"What if she actually beats me up?" I started picking at the hem of my shirt.

"No one is gonna touch you, or hurt your baby"

My hands immediately covered my stomach. Still nothing noticeable.

-
April

With April approaching, so was prom and it was very prominent with all the posters hanging up in the hallways and basically everywhere at the school. Meanwhile Chance and Madison where beginning to plan their color of tlher dress and his tie. I was constantly hearing their plans while Darren was usually missing from our hang outs.

"Hey, Mase" Madison stopped mid sentence while she was looking at me.

"Yeah?" I sat up straight while we were hanging out in her bedroom with Chance next to her on her bed.

"I think... You're starting to show" she slightly smiled at me.

"Madison, I'm four months" I giggled as I looked down at my stomach which started to bulge out a little in the shirt I was wearing.

"Woah" Chance looked at my stomach with interested.

I started to feel weird as they both were staring at my stomach and I covered their view with a sweater that was laying on Madisons floor.

They both snapped out of it and apologized. It didn't take long before they started to talk about another topic. Although Madison was my best friend, sometimes whenever she would stare at my stomach, it would feel invasive in a way. I didn't like when my family or friends looked at my stomach all the time and it was a little annoying. Even if it was starting to get more noticeable, it was rude and I just didn't like it.