41

Throughout the night, it was hard to celebrate with my family and friends when all I thought about was what just happened.

I was still standing on the porch, not knowing what to do.

I loved Darren, but I can't be with someone who I think will do something hurtful again.

I was just overall confused.

He wanted to break up, hence the sleeping and partying.
He also said he fell out of love with me.

Then again, it's been a year and he just confessed he lied about one.

After thinking, I head back inside.

Madison approached me, "Maisie, I know you're confused, but let's celebrate! Have a good time! High schools over!" she smiled.

I faintly smiled back. She noticed and turned serious.

She sighed dramatically, "You forgave me-"

"But it was easier because I've known you forever"

"You know Darren, emotionally,  physically, mentally, you guys were serious" she shrugged.

"I don't know Madison" I rubbed my arm.

"Look, I know your 'moral code' or your 'rules' but sometimes you just have to do what you want, not by the rules you have to avoid stuff"

"My rules was suppose to help me avoid stuff like this"

"Too bad, it happened the night you decided to go to that party" she confidently smiled.

I rolled my eyes.

"Ha! You smiled!" she pointed at me grinning, "I'm right!"

I shook my head, "Maisie, you just have to do what makes you happy, you're in denial you still want him" she teased.

I smiled, "it's more complicated than that"

"Stop making excuses, if he's what you want, then go"

I hesitated.

"I hate you" I groaned, I headed for the door.

"Love you!"

~

Opening Madison's little car door, I sat in the drivers seat. She tossed me her keys on the way out. I sat there.

Is this good or bad?

Probably both.

I began driving to the other side of the city, with the windows rolled down, listening to Madison's iPod on shuffle hooked on to the aux.

Speeding up as soon as the stoplights turned yellow, slowing down enough at stop sign, hoping a cop wasn't hiding out.

I made it to Darren's. With some cars parked in their driveway.

I took a deep breath before getting out. Walking in wedges was never a struggle, but now I kept stumbling. I was so nervous.

I knocked on their door.

"Please let it be Darren" I whispered silently.

"Maisie?" his sister, Delia, answered.

"Can I talk to Darren?" I asked.

She nodded before shutting the door.

A couple seconds later, Darren came from around his house.

"Maisie?" he questioned.

"Madison talked me into talking to you" I fidgeted with the car keys. He looked surprised.

"What I mean is" I took a deep breath, "Maybe we were really dumb, we still are, it's only been a year" I chuckled nervously, "but do you think there's still a chance?"

He walked in front of me, "of a relationship?"

I slightly nodded.

"I'd love to, but... " he frowned, "our relationship before wasn't healthy, and we both are doing good right now, we're in good spots, but you're only 18"

"So?"

"That didn't come out right" he chuckled, "what I mean is, we should stay friends, let's just do what we want right now"

I rolled my eyes, "You're such a fuckboy" I teased.

He laughed, "I just don't want you tied down to someone when there's so much more" he shrugged.

"Like... Being a free spirit in a way?" I questioned.

"Sort of, I just don't want you to think you have to forgive me, plus you have Vanessa and Lily, they should have all your attention, I'll still be your friend, I just want you to see if you still have the same feelings right now, in a couple months"

"Darren, you aren't making sense"

"Focus on yourself and the twins, put your life before trying to spare my feelings"

I nodded,  "I'll pick up the twins tomorrow morning" I quickly turned around to walk to the car.

I looked over my shoulder.

"Are you going to contact me in a year, again?" I joked.

"Hopefully not" he smiled.

I turned around and walked back towards him.

I kissed him with my hands resting on his chest. His arms quickly embraced me.

We pulled away, "that's not what I expected" I looked up in to his green eyes.

"Did you change your mind?" he whispered.

"I felt no... Connection"

"So, your feelings changed?" he asked.

Staring into his green eyes. I still loved him, but there just wasn't chemistry like before.

"Yes" I barely heard my own voice.

"I'm sorry,  Maisie"

I looked at him confused, "Why are you apologizing?"

"You came over here, hoping to get back together, but that kiss already answered that for us"

"I'm sorry, maybe it was a bad idea to come over here"

"No, I think that finally gave us closure on what we had"

We were still hugging each other.

"Darren, I still love you"

"I love you too, Maisie"

~

Waking up in the morning, I laid in bed. I felt the weight being lifted off my shoulders about Darren and I.

Darren dropped Vanessa and Lily off, we briefly hugged before he left.

Telling my mom everything, she was glad there wasn't any bad blood being left between us. The twins were up, looking around with their beautiful, big, green eyes.

My family was still here and we're always playing with the baby girls.

Madison was so shocked to find out Darren and I decided to stay as friends.

As for Daniel, he didn't even care anymore.

For me, I was just happy everything worked itself out.

~

THE END, IM SO SORRY ITS SLOPPY, BUT I DIDNT KNOW HOW TO END AND TRANSITION FROM LAST CHAPTER.

ANYWAYS, THATS IT.

Hope you all enjoyed the story!
-xo