Daryl Dixon X Reader

"What do you mean? We can't leave! We haven't found Sophia

"What do you mean? We can't leave! We haven't found Sophia. Or my sister, Shane."
Shane glares at you, tightening his hands into fists. "She's right Shane, we can't leave!" Daryl grabbed your arm gently, feeling how shaky you really were.

"We both know their dead! C'mon Daryl, you know it, just tell y/n, she'll listen to you." You went to slap Shane, but Daryl pulled you back. "Y/n go back to the RV." You nodded and pushed your way past Shane. On the way to the RV you broke down crying, maybe Shane was right, maybe you wouldn't find Y/S/N (your sisters name).

As you stormed towards the RV, you seen Glenn, where Dale should've been. "H-hey..Glenn?" Glenn looked down and rushed down, "yeah, y/n what's wrong?" He rubbed your arm gently, sighing when Shane pushes past you two. He rummaged around the RV and then stormed out. "Where did he go? Which way did Dale go?" Glenn shrugged and ignores Shane. "Some help you are." Shane stormed off towards the trees.

After half an hour or so, Glenn had managed to calm you down, and Daryl checked on you before going with Carol. You and Daryl had gotten extremely close since you met. You instantly clicked with him. But you hated Shane.

You checked out the window, from hearing all the yelling, just to see everyone running after Shane. You ran towards the group, Shane opening up the barn doors. "Shane stop! Stop it!" As walkers crowded through the doors, Shane and few more shot every one of them. "Shane stop!" Daryl grabbed your arm as you started to walk to Shane.

Every walker that exited to the barn, was shot, but a few moans and groans were still heard inside. You heard Carol yell from behind you as  you seen the small familiar figure walk out of the barn. It was Sophia. Someone grabbed ahold of Carol and kept her from moving

Rick stepped towards her slowly, drawing his gun. With one shot to the head she was dead. You thought it was over. You thought it was finished. Everyone started to turn, talking about what to do. That was till you screamed. "Y/S/N!" You ran toward the walker, walking out of the barn.

"NO! Y/N STOP!" Daryl ran after you, wrapping his arms around you tightly. You struggled and cried out. "STOP! Y/N" Shane raised his gun and shot her, right between the eyes. "NO! YOU DICK! ILL KILL YOU. YOU ASSHOLE!" Daryl let you go, and you ran towards Shane, tackling him to the ground. You punched him twice before he pushed you over. "Fucking crazy bitch!" He tried to punch but he punched the ground beside your head. Daryl ripped him off you, pushing him to the ground. "You don't touch her! Ever! You got that!"

Shane got back to his feet and pushed Daryl towards you. "Your crazy too! She punched me you dick!"
"You deserved it! You shot her sister!"
"What was I supposed to do?! Let her eat y/n!"
"Fuck you. Maybe she wanted to do it herself."
Daryl grabbed you gently and tried to pull you but your legs just weren't cooperating. He lifted  you up gently, as you cried into his chest.

"What!? Quit your gawking" He walked off with you towards his little camp he set up. He set you inside the tent and let you cry as he set up a fire. Ah hour or so later you walked out of the tent, a sniffling mess wrapped in one of his jackets. He pulled you towards him as you walked out, hugging you tightly. You could smell the sweat on him but it was comforting in  a way.

He tugged on the jacket with a smirk, "where'd your get this old thing?" You smiled softly but it almost instantly went away. He noticed and rubbed your back, "hey..it'll be okay.." You sniffled and nodded your head.

He gently pulled you to the fire and sat down with you. "That'll never happen to you. I'll always protect you y/n."

The next day you woke up in Daryls tent, in the same clothes from the night before. He was already gone so you grabbed his jacket and stepped out of the tent, walking towards the RV. Dale spotted you and climbed down from the RV. "Goodmorning y/n. Where have you been?"
"I spent the night with Daryl."

He raised a brow and laughed as he seen the jacket. He suddenly looked behind you and chuckled, "Speak of the devil." You turned to see Daryl who instantly wrapped his arms around you, breathing heavily. You could tell he was angry. "D-Daryl. You ok?" He nodded and buried his head into your neck. You wiped some blood off his head and kissed his cheek.

"Hey. It's okay. I'm here for you, like your here for me."