Part 27

After 20 very tense minutes of walking, you finally feel gravel beneath your feet as you walk up the driveway to Keith’s house. Ariella and vanity were deep in conversation but as soon as they look up to see the house they stopped. Ariella runs up the driveway as vanity hangs back. You look at her in confusion and walk over to her.

“What’s wrong?” you ask, laying a hand on her shoulder. She looks at you and you can see the confusion and insecurity in her eyes and it makes you want to hug her. You pat her on the shoulder and nod at her to go. She looks towards the house again and back at you.

“You’re always gonna be their little girl.” You whisper, somehow knowing that she didn’t think she would belong in the house anymore. She smile gratefully at you and walks up the driveway. You see her disappear into the house.

“You might want to clean up your leg.” Shutters voice sounds out from behind you, surprisingly close to your ear. You jump and start to turn to him but he walks past you, disappearing into the house. That’s when blade suddenly turned around and looked at your legs.

“So that’s it” he says and laughs at himself.  You frown and look at blade who rolls his eyes.

“I could smell the blood. I was wondering what the smell was.” Blade slaps his forehead. “duh.” He adds. You shift, feeling self continues.

“It’s creepy, you all smelling my blood… creeps.” You say, looking at the two of them.  

~tiime skip~

You shift around on the couch later that night, trying to get more comfortable. Toby walks up to you and asks you all the question you were most weary of.

“Why did you go to the ward?” he says. You sit up and looked at the guys who were sprawled all over the room. Colten and jay shifted uneasily while blade looked down as something flashed in his eyes. Something like… sadness, and maybe guilt too. Shutter didn’t react and shadow just looked around. Hoping to coax them into telling their stories you tell Toby gently.

“They said I had anger issues, though I think I was just a bit too much for my parents to handle.” You say rolling your eyes and smiling, making Toby giggle.  After a while Toby looks expectantly at shadow who twitches and sighs.

“I stole a teachers car… it was a stupid dare… then I spray painted the school… it was the ward, or jail.” Shadow says, shaking his head, his hair swaying with the motion. “I… umm… might have broken a few windows and… other stuff while I was there.” He says. Shutter lets out a short laugh.

“Like someone’s nose.” He mutters, calming down almost instantly as everyone turns to him. Only a ghost of a smile to show that he had laughed a moment before.  Shutter groaned when no one said anything further and opened his mouth to tell his story. you leaned forward despite trying to seem uninterested, you were really curious what had gotten shutter into the ward.

“I beat up a heap of people at the school, had major anger issues.” He paused as a few of the guys roll their eyes and laugh a bit. You already knew about his anger issues. “I nearly killed someone and they said I was crazy, using things from my room as evidence… just because I like dark things.” He says, sighing and running his hand through his hair. you have to stop yourself from raising an eyebrow at his last comment. 'just because i like dark things? so he feels-' shadow breaks into your thoughts before you could even begin to finish the thought.

“he also threw a chair out a window once because someone called him a manwhore…  and he knew that if he punched the kid he would go to jail so he just…” shadow makes a flipping motions and everyone smiles, except shutter, shutter just glared at him. As per usual. Everyone grew silent again as jay looks around.

“Blade?” he asked. Blade groans and sits forward, his hands wringing themselves together nervously and he sighs taking a moment before trying to speak.

“I… threw-“blade chocked up and paused. Everyone waited patiently as he hides his eyes and clasps his hands in his lap. “I threw my brother out of a window.” He says slowly, taking a deep breath. “Of… a six story building… cuz he… he stole my girlfriend…” he finishes softly and everyone is silent. You see a tear fall from his hidden eyes and land on his clenched hands.

“You must have beaten yourself up pretty bad.” You say softly. Blade looks up at you and says nothing for a long while as shadows haunt his eyes.

“Actually no… I was taken to the ward because I wasn’t sorry, they said I was crazy. But it wasn’t until the next day that I realized what I had done… and I was already there.” His voice breaks and he doesn’t look up.

Shadows wash over blades face as he looked at the floor, his eyes haunted. You feel really sorry for him, like it was your fault but you knew it wasn’t. You edge closer to blade and grab his hand, smiling gently at him. He looks at you from under his hair and you see a small, sad smile forced into his lips.  Jay breaks the silence that had fallen across the room.

“I was kidnapped.” He says and everyone looks at him. He frowns at the wall like it had some weird writing on it. “And I mean, really, they kidnapped me… it wasn’t fun, I was in the shower.” An image shoved its way into your mind and you shove it away quickly. You didn’t want to imagine jay naked in the shower when someone bursts into the room.

“Jay, too much information.” Vanity says shaking her head, everyone nods in agreement.

“What about you Colten?” bladed asks and you note the still strangled look in his eyes. Colten shifts and rubs frisk’s head, making him purr.

“I set fire to the house on accident and was accused of self-harming. I also drove a car into a window shop when driving once and started laughing cuz… well, you would have laughed if you saw the guys face.” He says chuckling to himself a bit. “Anyways so they said I was mental and said I could either pay for the damage or go to a mental institution.” Colten rolled his eyes and shook his hair out of his face. You all sit there for a while before you hear a loud snore and look at jay who was laying on the floor. He stopped and opened one eye to look at everyone watching him.

“What? I’m trying to sleep here.” He says, pouting like a child.

“Do you have anywhere to stay?” shadow says suddenly. Shutter looks at his twin brother and raises an eyebrow. “Cause, you know… we’re all crazy and if you go home you’ll only be sent back to another ward.” When no one says anything he adds. “Cause I know a place we could stay.” He says. Shutter growls and instantly shakes his head.

“no.” shutter says, glaring at shadow. 

“Yes!” shadow grins back at his twin, seemingly unfazed and nods slowly. Everyone exchanged confused glances before looking back at the altercation between brothers.

-----------------

A/N

hey guys! i still have a few more chapters that i wrote last night but I'm still revising them so they will probably not be up until later on today. thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

And with that my lovelies                                                                                                                                 Goodnight, Sleep tight, Don't let the vampires bite;-;