Part Twenty-Three

Shadows P.O.V.

I walk into ___’s room, pushing the door open with my foot as I was in. I sit on the edge of the bed, still holding her in my arms. I pull the blanket back and look down at her. She was fast asleep, her chest rising and falling gently with her face buried in my chest.  i smile to myself, she was so cute when she was asleep. I went to lay her down but she wraps her arms around me, holding herself to me. I carefully laid her down on the bed and covered her with the covers, prying her fingers from my shirt.

I brush back some of her hair from ____’s face and look at her. She was beautiful, long shadows were cast over her soft cheeks from her long lashes, her lips slightly parted as she breathes. I smile at her, she was perfect. I lean down and gently kiss her lips. When I pulled back I stared at her for another moment before standing up.

“Night ____” I say, turning to see shutter leaning against the door frame, looking amused.

“You are all idiots.” Shutter says shaking his head. “Baby brother, you’re gonna get hurt. Cant you see that? Everyone’s falling for her. And she… she doesn’t know what to do.” He shook his head. Truthfully, I haven’t noticed anything like that. But now that I look back, whenever she was talking to someone they would watch her like she was the most interesting thing in the world. The way everyone looks at her, Colten kissing her. It was everywhere all the signs were there, someone was always beside her.

“You said everyone.” I say, looking up at my twin brother. He watched me and nodded. “That includes you.” I state. I know my brother, he might not like it, but he does like her, I can see it. Shutter doesn’t seem fazed by what I said.

“Love is useless, the fall always hurts in the end. You will find that out soon little brother.” He says, refusing to look at me.

“It’s worth the fall.” I say, smiling at him and walking out. Shutter ruffles my hair as I pass him and shoots me a grin when I turn to glare at him, smoothing my hair out again. It was the one side of shutter that only I got to see, it was playful and he often smiled, not like that mask he kept up looking depressed or angry all the time.

Jays P.O.V.

I groan as I sit up in the bed, I hate this place. I look around the small too clean, too white room. This room was smaller than the last time. A nurse came in and looked at me.

“Jay, when did you get your last needle?” she asks, smiling.

“yesterday.” I lie. It was actually around 5 days ago but I hated those shots and this would buy me three more days without the pain. She stared at me for a while before walking out the door. She closed the door and her footsteps fade down the hallway. I walk over to the door and look through one of the little slits at the top.

“blade.” I whisper. After a while blade looked through the slit on the door across the hallway.

“This place sucks.” I point out. Blade rolls his eyes, he suddenly freezes and his eyes go wide.

“Blade?”

“These aren’t normal room’s jay.” Blade says, looking at something lower than the slits and down the side.

“Yeah, they’re so small.” I say, frowning and blade shakes her head.

“No, these are the test subject rooms.” He says, shifting away from the slit for a moment before his eye peer out at me again.

“That’s why there are cameras on the roof.” I turn around frowning, ‘what? There’s nothing there.’ I look at the roof. Nothing, then I see a small red light, a camera. It was one of those tiny spy cameras.

“____ And I read something about this.” Blade says. I walk back to the door and look through the slits at him.

“What happened?” blade was quiet for a while.

“I don’t know, something about one of them attacked a doctor. Jay, I think that’s why they haven’t given us any needles, they’re trying to see what we can do.” He says.

“That would explain the guards.” I say looking down the hallway as best I could, every 10 minutes or so a guard would walk past, all carrying guns, and some have some weird armor on. On the door next to blades something caught my eyes. It was a little sign with ‘SUBJECT 18’ it had engraved in it. We’re simply experiments.

---------

A/N

its a really short chapter this time and I'm sorry but school has really worn me out so i don't really have energy to write much. this chapter wasn't very exciting either but soon enough it will be getting very exciting, trust me :) Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

and with that, goodbye my lovelies,                                                                                                             goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the vampires bite ;-;