Part 2

Shortly after you change a guy walks into the room and takes you out, leading you to this large room full of people. The guy then closes the door behind you and blade grabs your arm and drags you over to a group of people.

“____ This is Colten, jay, shadow, shutter, and vanity” blade introduces you.

“Guys, this is ___” your gaze immediately travels to the blade introduced as shadow, because his eyes were a brilliant blue framed by his dark black hair. He made quite a picture as he stood awkwardly to the side, your eyes move on to vanity, who was looking annoyed as the boy Colten flicks at her bright red hair. You look at the boy called jay and he winks at you and you quickly look away, finally noticing a guy standing at the edge of the group. He looked like he was in a bad mood and had his arms crossed, he looked a lot similar to shadow and you guessed that they were brothers or something.

“So has baldy-boy told you about the games?” vanity leans forward

“Yeah, you’re not going to tell me it’s real too are you?” you ask leaning back in your chair. Vanity’s quiet for a while.

“You’ll believe us tomorrow” she finally says

“If she’s alive tomorrow” shutter suddenly talks making everyone look at him.

“What? She will probably die if she keeps thinking it’s not real. And that she doesn’t look like she can put up a fight. Now stop looking at me”

Everyone looks away from shutter and shutter and shadow exchange a look.

“____ are you good at anything? Fencing? Ever held a gun?” shadow says pushing his hair from his face.

“Um…” you say. What were you good at? Suddenly something comes to your head.

“I did gymnastics for a while?” you say leaning on your elbows

“What are you going to do? A cartwheel?” Colten teases

“No, I can do a double back and tuck, pike, or layout position” you say smiling sweetly with a hidden smirk.

“At what?” blade asks.

“A double back… I’ll show you” you say.

“We’ll go outside” vanity says and goes over to a double door and walks through making a swirl of wind slide through the doors. You follow vanity out into the yard.

There are a few people out, some talking while others (mostly guys) were working out with weights. You go over to a clear grassy area and they all stand back. you go over to where you’ll have enough room and hope you can still do it cause the last time you did was when you were 14 (your 16)

You take a deep breath and do it, almost falling at one point but quickly retaining your balance. You finish and stand, facing the group.

Everyone stared at you for a minute until shutter talked

“If you don’t die in the first second its cause the game controllers are helping you out.” Then with that shutter turned and walked back inside. There was a moment of silence before vanity said one simple word

“Wow” she turns back to you “don’t worry about shutter, he just hates everyone” shadow shrugs.

“He has a point you know, the game controllers usually help out the first timers” he says plainly.

“Game controllers help?” you ask confused.

“Yeah, the people who control the game. They can’t control you, but can give you hints and if you let them, they can help you fight. But there more about controlling the… area. Where we are and what we have. Like… one minute you can be in a car racing through a dessert and the next moment you’re racing through a jungle” jay shrugs.

Then the sky cracked with thunder and the wind picked up, blowing hair around.

“Inside!” vanity yells and move towards the building. You follow her lead and just as you get in the first few rain drops hit the roof, then it started raining heavy, the rain hitting the roof with so much force it echoed through the room which seemed to be getting colder and darker, like the life was being sucked out of the room and people seemed to be frustrated.

“What’s wrong?” you speak to the group, not really talking to one person in particular.

“When it rains they like to amuse us by having more ‘games’” jay says gloomily. You stare at him for a while and then look at everyone shuffling around and the guards coming in and taking people away.

“Ready to play your first game?” Colten asks

“No!” you say, your eyes wide. They give you sympathetic glances and suddenly guards are taking your arm and leading you down the winding corridors.

The guard holding your arm drags you into a dark room with several seats in a circle. You can see four other people in the seats, three of which are calm and one which looks like he’s about to piss his pants. You’re pushed into a seat roughly and are strapped to the seat, one strap around your chest, one around your stomach and over your thighs then two on your arms to keep them on the arm rest. You’re sure you look like a ghost now because the colors probably drained from your face.