Part 3

The guard walks away and a nurse comes over and puts goggles over your eyes and something sticky on your temples. A few more people were brought into the room and the nurse walked to the next person, putting goggles and little white things on their temples. You couldn’t see anyone else with the straps and being tied so tightly you can barely breathe. The after a while the door closes for the last time and the room is silent besides the breathing from people in the room.

Then the goggles in front of your eyes change, and the rims of it glow bright red and you close your eyes against it. When you open your eyes you see the words RED TEAM in front of your eyes and beyond that trees and scattered amongst them were a handful of people with swords, bows and arrows and other weapons. ‘oh fuck’

in large red writing the word FLAGS came up and you frowned. You look around and find yourself in a forest, people wearing blue where on the other side of the clearing which still had the odd trees scattered through it. You feel something in your hand and looked down. You noticed two things then. You were wearing a red hunting outfit, and secondly you were holding a smooth black bow with arrows in a holster slung over your shoulder.

“Team meeting!” some guy yells. You walk over feeling slightly jumpy. You surrounded by about 30 more people.

“Okay, misty, Fred, Jake, jade, you hide the flag and stay with it.” With that four people ran off, moving through the trees and within seconds they were out of sight.

“I’ll grab some people and we’ll sneak around and try a sneak attack. Trent, think you can handle the right side? Grab a few people and go around the other side. The rest of you will just attack, try not to let anybody pass.” With that he jumped down. He walked past you, grabs your arm and nods to several people.

“We’ll sneak around” he says, leading you into the trees. you through the trees, the other people following behind you.  the word START floated before your eyes in bright red letters.

“Ash, angel, take the front.” The leader yells over the roar that starts breaking out, people running around swinging swords, axes and getting down to shoot people with arrows.

“What’s your name?” the guy whispers, dragging you behind some bush’s with the others close behind.

“___, and you?” you say and turn to look at him.

“Keith” he says and stalks behind ash and angel who were in the lead. Suddenly there’s a whistling sound like air being sliced the out of nowhere came an arrow that hits ash in the chest. He falls to the ground with a thud and grunts.

“Get down!” Keith shouts and drags you down with him. You fall to the dirty forest floor and hear a toof as an arrow lodges itself into a tree above angels head.

“I can’t get a shot!” she calls over to you, lifting her bow and aiming but dropping it down again.

“I can’t see them!” she calls over.

there was a tug and a tingle went through your body. You let your arms do what they wanted, hoping it was the Game Controllers and that you weren’t going to run around like a chicken with its head cut off. So you let your arm go over your shoulder, grip the end of an arrow between your fingers and draw it in front of you and hook the end into the string the right way.

The arrows were pure black with bloody red feathers on the end and you got into a crouching position as your legs feel the same tug and then tingle, moving them. You stood up, your knee’s bent making sure to stand so that you were still partly hidden by the bush. You since movement and swivel your eyes to see someone looking up from being a bush at least 30 meters away. You lift the bow, positioning the arrow slightly above the target.

“____” Keith hisses beside you.  you pull the string back, taking a deep breath and quickly re-aiming at your target. The noise around you filters out as you take a breath to steady yourself, releasing the string. There was a slight humming sound as the string bounces back into its place and you see the arrow slicing through the air in slow motion. It pushes through the leaves of the bush and a grunt sounds out, followed by a slight thud. You glance down at Keith, hoping you didn’t look as shocked as you felt.

“Game Controller?” he asks you. You nod stiffly. “Do it again.” He orders. You obediently pull out another arrow, position it like before and get back to a crouching position. You watch for movement and suddenly out from behind a bush comes an arrow, aiming for your head. You duck and hear it lodge itself into the tree behind you. You get back up quickly and aim at the bush. You pull back and are just about to let the arrow go, when you realize the person would have moved and look again. It takes a minute, your heart pounding with every second out in the open before you see the bush shutter not even a step away.

you aim quickly and let loose the arrow, watching it cut through the forest and then disappears into a bush with a crack of twigs. After a second a loud thump was hear and someone called out in pain, another crack sounding out. The second crack wasn’t a twig or a branch, you noticed… it sounded too much like crunching.

“Anymore?” Keith asks. There the sound of approaching footsteps and then both you and Keith turn to see a guy with a blue out-fit coming at you, sword raised and blood splattered over his face. Neither you nor Keith had time to react.