Part 7

You feel your blood trickle down to the collar of your shirt, the blade digging into your skin. You could feel Shutters breath caress your ear and neck, raising Goosebumps on your skin. You have the urge to shiver but you stop yourself, afraid that it would make the blade go deeper.

You stand like that for a moment, his goodbye lingering in the air. The pain from your shoulder remains consistent and you finally block the pain. You begin to relax in his arms, resigning yourself to the fate at hand. Shutter stops breathing for a moment and suddenly moves his arm sending pain breaking through your barrior that you had just built. You yelp and the dagger slides slightly against your throat, making the cut a little bigger.

“Come on, just waste her already!” sneered the guy you had fought before.

“Shut up” shutter says to him, his breath playing with your hair. He fixes his grip on the dagger and you feel his arm flex as he prepares to slit your throat. You hear a loud thump and everyone looks over to see someone rolling towards the group. He was wearing a red shirt with black pants. That’s all you needed, because right then you slam your hips back, pushing him away from you just as you throw your head back, connecting hard with his face as he falls backwards.

His arm starts to drag the dagger across your throat and you grab his arm, pulling the blade away from you as you bend down to grab your own, dropped dagger.  Shutter growls and clutched his knife harder.

“Bitch” he says, holding his nose. He stepped forward and at the same time you step to the side, towards the flag. The blond guy from before jumps towards the guy that had jumped the river to help. By the time you looked back to shutter he was in front of you, his arms wrapped around you as he plows into you, his body colliding into yours and you both fall to the ground.

His weight lands on you and you let out an ‘oof!’ as his legs tangle themselves with yours. You wrestle around with him, mostly just trying to get air back into your lungs. Shutter grabs at your wrists but you wriggle around too much and your hands slip through his before he could get a hold.

You raise you knee quickly and it connects with his groin, making him go limp with a groan. You push him off of you and try to stand, falling as your tangled legs trip you. You try to crawl away but you feel his hand on your ankle, dragging you back, making your face slam into the dirt. He flips you around and rests his knee on the bottom of your ribcage, one of his hands on your shoulder, all his weight was on you and you struggle to breath.

You gasp for breath and wriggle, trying to get free. You feel a knife press against the side of your neck and you freeze, glancing up at shutter. Shutter relaxes slightly and you feel his arm loosen up slightly. You whimper under him, pain flaring from your ribs as you struggle to breath. Something flashes in his eyes and suddenly he stands up, moving away a couple steps. You sit up, gasping for air and looking up at shutter who was busy looking at the other guys. The blond one was on his knees a few feet away, blood leaking between his fingers which were hovering over his chest.

The guy was standing close to the flag, watching shutter who was torn between killing you and killing the other guy. The other guy had blond hair which hung in his face and when he went to move so did shutter. They both froze and looked at each other. You looked at the flag which was about a meter and a half away. You get to your knees, being as quiet as possible you try to crawl over but shutter steps back, making him closer to you. You stop for a second before climbing to your feet but shutter turns, slams his foot into your side making you double over before he turned back to the other guy from your team.

You roll over and suck in a sharp breath from where you lay on the ground, a sharp pain in your chest, making you cringe. Shutter moves towards the blond guy but you ignore it and look at the flag. Slowly, painfully you get to your knees, moving over towards the flag, wincing in pain every few seconds.

You were nearly at the flag when someone’s boot dug into your hand. You look up at shutter who was looking down at you, shaking his head, more blood covering his face. He lifted his sword, which he had recovered. He lifted the sword to your face and smirked evilly. The red words TOUCH THE FLAG flashed in front of you. You closed your eyes tightly and tried not to cry out in pain. The words were still there even if you closed your eyes were closed. You feel angry surge up inside you and your eyes snap open, finding something sharp go under your cheeks, lifting your chin.

“Look at me when I kill you.” He says but before he could do anything you reach out, your other hand touching the flag pole.

That’s when you felt it….

----------------------

A/N

sorry for takeing forever guys!! but i really had a hard time getting this chapter out for some reason :( but thats over with now so... yeah!! 

Thank you for reading! hope you enjoy!