Chapter Twelve

*I'm sorry guys, I just skimmed though this real quick, and this chapter was a little rough. Hope it's not to bad. But I have warned you, this was written back in 2012, please don't judge the lack of skill in this too much. Thank you :) Feedback is greatly appreciated. It'll be amazing for future editing and stories :) Comment and Vote as always!~

----

Sasuke was quite startled to wake up the sight of pink clouding his vision...yes pink. His foggy vision told his that he had his arms around something, or rather someone, and their head was propped against his shoulder. Sasuke opened his eyes slowly as the morning came without mercy, earning a grunt from the young Uchiha. He made a move to rub his eyes, but a sudden weight on his shoulder made him unable to do so. It was Sakura.

He frowned, 'When did she get here?' Sasuke raked through his mind, recalling last night's events. Then it struck him—they were talking while watching the sunset and she fell asleep. Sasuke smirked, 'Hn isn't that so cliché.'

For the first time, Sasuke actually looked at the rosette in his arms; her ivory skin glowed in the morning sunlight that reflected of the crystal clear water. She looked so peaceful in her slumber, no stress marks or a mask that she would always put up- a barrier from everyone. Nothing but a child-like face. The Sakura everyone knew always had a smile on her face, no matter what. She wasn't your typical girl who would make others feel bad or propel sympathy towards her. She would just smile and make others happy.

Maybe that was the reason why he took notice of her. They were alike in many ways but...different too.

Sasuke took a strand of her pink locks and held it between his fingers. 'And then there was her annoying brightly colored bubblegum pink hair,' Sasuke thought.

Pink. It was the first thing he acknowledged on the girl, when they first bumped into each together. Sasuke was a person that had a strong dislike towards bright things, and on the top of the list was the color pink. It was blinding and gross, like a sparkly white unicorn that cut a paper cut and blood all over the place. Pink, in general, was disgusting. Pink perfectly described Ino and her minions; annoying, too peppy, immature, girly, and lack of will power. But somehow, it fitted Sakura perfectly.

But that wasn't the only feature that caught his attention. It was those bright emerald eyes of hers. They were so...charismatic. So...soft, gentle, soulful, loving and full of emotions; genuine emotions. Albeit at the same time, they could be steely and cold when she was in a protective mode or angry. Her eyes were like the windows to her true self, it held every emotion she was feeling even when she had her mask on. It was like staring at nature, Sasuke could just envision a grassy green field with trees and innate beauty. Hating to admit it though, Sasuke felt himself hold his breath every time she smiled through her eyes.

A soft morning breeze came by, and caused the rosette to shiver slightly. Sasuke took notice of this, and shrugging out of his grey jacket, he draped it over her small shoulders. Taking her right arm, he slid it into the sleeve and proceeded to do the same with the left. Sasuke unconsciously slipped his arm around Sakura's petite waist, holding her close. Her hot breath fanned against his neck, sending a shiver down his spine. Without a reason, Sasuke pulled her closer to him, as if she would disappear from this world. Sasuke sighed...the girl in his arms...was one of kind, especially making him ever feel like this. A feeling that Sasuke couldn't wrap his thoughts around, or most of all, explain it.

A rhythmic beating filled her ear, pulling Sakura out from her deep slumber. The warmth that surrounded her made her feel safe, protected, and that was something she wasn't used to. Growing up alone in her younger days didn't hold many warm or pleasant memories, coming for an orphanage that is. Life was cold and boring; everyday was a routine, the same boring routine. Waking up, eat, sleep, and then the same thing the next day, and the next, and the next.