Chapter Twenty Five

Sometimes it was hard to remember that she was still a senior in high school. And this meant studying, big time.

The whole kidnapping incident happened no more than two months ago and everything was back to normal.

Sakura groaned as her forehead hit her locker. She was exhausted, and needed caffeine in her body asap.

It was exam week for the lovely students of Konoha High. Endless nights of cramming in every last bit of information that their brain could take in before it exploded was catching up to the teens. Blood-shot eyes and dark circles were beginning to appear. The cadaverous students walked through the halls of Konoha High in a daze, clearly high on caffeine.

A cold hand found its way through the rosette's hair and rested on the base of her neck. The owner's thumb began to caress her neck as he laid a kiss on top of her head. "Tired?"

Sakura groaned, "yes." Pushing herself from the metal lockers, Sakura rubbed her forehead. Sighing, she wrapped her arms around his abdomen and buried her face into his chest. "I'm going to kill myself, and it's only the first day..."

Sasuke smirked. "Don't be annoying, Sakura." He murmured into her pink locks as he held her.

"Don't ruin that mood, you stupid jerk."

A deep, short chuckle slipped pass his lips at the girl's comment. Running his hand through her pink locks one last time, he pulled away. Entwining their arms, he reached for her hand and held it. "Come on, it's only one more exam before we get to go home."

"Thank goodness. If we had to go a full seven hours of exams, I would literally kill myself. I'll even let Akame do the honors." Sakura mumbled tiredly and stupidly.

Sasuke stopped dead in his tracks, unintentionally yanking Sakura harshly to a stop. "Not funny, Sakura." His voice held no sign of amusement, it was far from it. "I could have lost you that day, Sakura. Not funny." The hold on her hand tightened as he looked at her.

Emerald clashed with onyx. Reaching up on her tippy toes, she kissed him. Letting her fingers tangle themselves into his raven locks, she pulled away and looked at him directly in the eyes. "I know. But...I'm alright now. Everything's fine. I'm back, safe and sound. There's nothing to worry about. I'm here in front of you, am I not?"

He didn't reply. Sakura saw the troubling look in his onyx orbs. Biting her lips, she squeezed his hand in a last ditch effort of reassurance. She was going to get down to the problem later. Right now, she had an AP Composition exam to worry about.

His eyes averted elsewhere as Sakura seemed to get a grasp at what was troubling the dark-haired teen. Grasping his chin, "Sasuke, look at me."

Once she finally caught sight of his onyx orbs, she said, "I really don't know what's bothering you but I'm going to find out sometime today. And stop worrying, I'm right here. You're here to be my knight in shining armor, are you not?"

Sasuke opened his mouth to protest but Sakura stopped him. "Sasuke."

Sighing, he bent down and kissed her temple. "Fine."

Sakura smiled. "That's my boy."

Rolling his eyes, he bid her good luck and released her hand.

Emerald orbs followed his retreating form until it disappeared behind the corner. 'Hmm...something's wrong with that boy...'

"Tall, Ice Caramel Frappe!" The tired rosette shouted in the sardine packed cafe.

A girl with terrible, dark bags under her eyes came up with a book in hand. "Thanks..."