Chapter Seventeen

* Wrote this a while back but never got a chance to post it. So here you go. And wow, isn't that funny. Chapter Seventeen and it's my Seventeenth birthday today. Now that's great! :) Please excuse any errors in this chapter as well.

------

"Did you hear what happen?"

"Yea! Is it true?"

"True what?"

"That Uchiha and Sakura are dating?"

"What? There's no way they're dating, Ino would kill the girl before that even happens."

"Well, I never thought of that."

"But I think they are. She's even wearing his grey jacket."

"No, you're kidding?"

"Nope, I've seen them every morning walking together, and they're both wearing that grey jacket."

"Matching clothes....like couple tees? Dear Kami, they are going out."

Ever since coming back from their break, the student body of Konoha High has been gossiping like no tomorrow. It was the day where Sakura became the new girl in school again. Everywhere you went, someone was gossiping. From students to the cafeteria ladies to the janitors, heck even the teachers were in it. About what you ask? Well...who else besides the Uchiha prince and the pauper Sakura. For the past couple of months, everyone was keeping an eye out for anything suspicious between them.

The two have been found supporting the same "couple's jacket" everyday as well as walking to school. They've been caught talking to each other among the rest of their friends at lunch. Just the other day, Sasuke was spotted leaning against the rosette's locker, waiting for her arrival. And then for any class, they seemed to always pair up as partners. Their excuses?

"What jacket?" Sakura questioned with a raised eyebrow. "It's just a grey jacket."

They would send Sasuke another questioning look, and their reply was just a simple grunt, "Hn."

What Sakura failed to notice was the name etched on the back; six simple letters that spelled out 'Uchiha.'

Walking to school? Tenten's answer was, "They're in the same class, idiot."

Chatting with each other at lunch? Naruto and the rest of the gang just shrugged saying, "What? They can't talk to each other? They're just friends."

Sasuke waiting for Sakura at her locker? His simple excuse was, "Pinky has my book."

The duo always pairing up as partners? Temari replied, "Are you stupid or something? The teacher assigns us partners, it's not like we have a choice."

But the biggest deal happened on a certain Monday, the two got detention. And if anyone knew Sasuke or Sakura, they never got in trouble. It was one of those things that were a big no-no when your academic standards are at the top.

"Alright...this is a crucial step; we're mixing chemicals so be careful." Kakashi warned as he held a flask in his hands. "Now slowly pour a teaspoon of the contents into the test tube-,"

Behind the "couple", Naruto poured the entire thing into the tube, being the idiot he was. The blond began panicking and shaking the daylights out of Hinata while shouting, "Hinata-chan what should I do? Kakashi-sensei is going to kill us...unless this explodes and kills us first! Hinata-chan!"

The poor heiress fainted upon Naruto's sudden contact making him panic even more so. "Hinata-chan! Ahhh! What to do? Think, Naruto! You can do this! Believe it!" Naruto began yanking at his hair frantically as nothing came into mind. However a light bulb seemed to go off, and a grin plastered itself on his face a minute later.