Chapter Thirty-Two

So many things were wrong with her... God, so many things...

She had so many fractured and broken bones that he couldn't even count even with the help of both of his hands and feet. And don't even get him started with the cuts that married her delicate, soft skin.

Apparently, she had a punctured lung; collapsed actually, three if not more broken ribs, a severe head injury, brain contusion, and a mild concussion resulting in a coma. But coma was the last thing she had to worry about for she was sent back into the surgery room not too long ago because of a missed blood vessel that wasn't cauterized making her stomach full of fluid. No one even got a chance to see her before she was sent right back to surgery. And when she was returned back to the ICU, he wasn't even allowed to see her then either. Like hell was he going to accept this.

"What do you mean I can't see her?" Onyx orbs glared at the petite nurse in front of him. "This is bullshit. I should be allowed to see her. She's my girlfriend - no, fiancee."

"I'm afraid that you can't do that." She replied sternly. Daring him to make her say another. Oh, and he was going to take that challenge if it meant him seeing Sakura. At that moment, he could care less of the price; whether it's a billion dollars or him dressed like a girl prancing down the hallway. He was going to see Sakura and he was going to make sure of it that it would happen.

"I can, and I will." He replied.

"I don't believe you will." She bit back, her jaw tight and clenched. "This my ward and you will follow by my rules." Waving her hand all over the place as her temper rose to new heights, she said, "I don't care if you're the freaking Prince or this hospital's CEO, the child in there needs to stay there without any interruptions or distractions bestowed on her. She needs to be able to heal and rest in a quite setting."

"No," Sasuke fought back. "What she needs is for me to be there beside her, to tell her that she can't leave this damn place because I'm still here waiting for her and that she needs to come back to me."

The nurse's eyes soften a bit at his comment, her temper residing. With a sigh passing her lips, she apologized, "I'm sorry but I can't allow you to do so."

Just as Sasuke was about to lash out at the small lady in front of him for not allowing his access, Mikoto stood and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Honey, come on. She's just trying to do what's best for Sakura in this condition."

"Okaa-san," he protested. He couldn't believe his own mother was siding with the wretched nurse.

"Sasuke, she's right." Mikoto said sadly. "I know you're worried about Sakura but she's not in any stable position for you to visit her." Pulling her son away from the nurse, whom she sent an apologetic smile over her shoulder, she rubbed his back. "She'll be fine, honey. She'll make it through it."

Unwillingly, the young Uchiha was pulled back into the waiting room. From across the room, Naruto lifted his head at him. Smiling bitterly, a smile that didn't reach his eyes at all, he asked, "No luck passing the troll's bridge."

Sasuke shook his head, taking a seat beside the blond. Leaning over, he place his face into his hands. Sighing, his voice desperate, "I would kill if it means seeing her."

"Toughen up, Teme." Naruto said, clapping his friend on the back. "Sakura-chan doesn't like a wimp. Dude, she's going through shit right now in that stupid ICU. And what she doesn't need is you going all crazy and bloody murder on her."

"Shut up, Dobe."

"Oh, don't be such a girl, Teme. Hell, even she's stronger than you at the moment and she's going through hell and back to remain alive." Naruto commented at his hunched over, slumped form.