Chapter Twenty Seven

***Please stick to the end and read the author note because it was brought to my attention that this story of mine was plagiarized!

________________________________________________________________________________

"What's your story?" Sasuke asked, not taking his eyes off of the road. The hand that was resting on the stick shift found it's way to Sakura's knee. Giving it a squeeze, he took her hand in his. "Tell me."

"Oh, I don't know." A smile graced her features as she stole a glance at him. "Hmm... where should I begin?"

"The beginning." He replied. Stopping at a red light, Sasuke leaned over and poke the place just where her heart was. "Tell me the story of what makes you this girl name is Sakura Haruno."

"Well that, Uchiha, is a very long story."

"I have time," he smirked.

"Alright then." She smiled back at him. "Well... little baby girl Haruno was born in the late evening of March 28th. And, oh, I'm kidding. That would take forever it I start from the beginning, beginning. I grew up in the great, big Haruno family. Showered with love 'til no end. I really don't remember much but my brothers were the best. Chasing off bullies and guys in the process too." A small laugh filled the car at the memory. "They wouldn't even let a boy come within ten feet of me. Friday nights were ice cream and movies. I was always in charge of the ice cream flavors while they would pick out the movies. Oh, how I hated it when they chose horror films. I loathed them. As a little girl, I always thought those were real too! I blame them for all of those sleepless nights. Funny... I never thought that they would happen to me. The damn irony." Her smile turned into a bitter one as she looked down at her hands in her lap.

Her voice faltered a bit, losing its bright, airy tone. "I knew something was wrong that day. You know that erking, dark feeling that starts in your gut, stirring like mad in your stomach? I felt it all morning. No, all day actually. Here I was, little Sakura just casually walking home, all innocent in her little school uniform. And then a black van pulled up beside me. Next thing I know, I'm beaten and bruised. Not broken. Never. But that was the ending of my luxurious life and the beginning of living rock bottom. Though, I never found out who or why those people kidnapped me."

"My family looked for me alright. I don't know for sure but I believe they did. My parents weren't all business centered and heartless. They loved spending time with me and my brothers. I remembered every year when it was the week of the Sakura Festival, they would take off from work for the whole week. The Sakura Festival was even bigger than all of our birthdays combined. And for that week, I was treated like a Princess, even more than on a usual basis. It was great." By the end of the sentence, a Cheshire grin found its way to her face.

"Hn. Wasn't someone spoiled."

"Hey!" Sakura exclaimed. "When you're as cute as me, it's bound to happen." And then she quickly added with a smile, "Just kidding."

He parked the car and got out. Walking briskly to the passenger side, he opened the door for her. As Sakura got up, he made sure to accidentally brush his lips across her cheek. His hot breath fanned against her ear, whispering, "Hn. I believe you."

The rosette had to fight down the blush that was threatening to cover her cheeks as they made their way inside. The couple caught many stares and gasps in the hallway but the stares were more directed towards a certain shiny rock on Sakura's finger. Through a set teeth of a smile, she whispered, "Nice way to attract attention, Chicken-Ass."

"Hn. It's just a rock."

"A shiny one."

"Hn."