Chapter 26: The big finale part 3

Somewhere in a forest:

Ace was leading Anthony to a clearing in the forest where they could see that plenty of bluebells were blooming on the grass. - Okay, were are you leading me to? Anthony asked.

When they were both in front of the bluebells, Ace did let go of Anthony's left hand. - Here is where we'll stop, Ace said.

Anthony looked around himself, there was a big tree in the middle and it was surrounded by several flowers, mostly bluebells that were blooming on exceptionally  well-kept grass. - It's...very nice out here but what are we doing here? Anthony asked.

Ace smiled at him. - You weren't saying anything to a specific person back at the stage...you clearly had the chance to do it but you didn't. That's why I'm bringing you here, instead of saying it in words, you can show HER how much she means to you, Ace said.

- What are you talking about? Anthony asked.

Ace sighed. - For god's sake Anthony, why do you deny it so much, it's pointless...you have already realized it yourself, you have feelings for Sophie, Ace said.

When no words came out of Anthony's mouth, Ace picked up some bluebells and shoved them into his arms. - Give these flowers to her, show her that you still have feelings for her, Ace said.

- I...I'm not the person that gives flowers to people...besides, I kind of told her how I feel already and I shouldn't have said what I said that time, Anthony said.

Ace walked toward Anthony to put a hand on his right shoulder. - Why shouldn't you have said that? It's your feelings...you still like her, right? Ace asked.

- I do, I really do but...it frustrates me that I have romantic feelings toward someone, my father wouldn't have allowed that, Anthony said.

Footsteps came from behind Ace and Anthony and they both turned around to see that Bane was standing a couple of metres away. - What are you doing? Bane asked.

- Uhh...we wanted to explore the island a little bit, Ace said unconvincingly.

Bane walked closer to them and snatched the flowers away from Anthony's arms. - Why are you picking flowers? Bane asked dangerously.

- Uhh...well...you s...see...it was Ace's idea, I don't know what she was thinking, Anthony said.

- If you're picking these flowers for Sophie...it's a waste of time...does she even like flowers? Bane asked.

Ace slowly nodded her head. - I can tell that she like bluebells, Ace said.

Bane walked close enough to Anthony that he could spit in his face. - Listen pipsqueak...you're weak and pathetic...why would Sophie want you when there's people like me who are strong and capable to take care of her? Get it? Forget her, she's to good for you, Bane said.

He slowly backed away from him and walked away from the forest with the flowers in his hands.

Anthony sighed and followed him, leaving Ace alone with a sad expression on her face.

Confessional: Ace

- What a dilemma this is...though I'm sure that everything will turn out good in the end, I can feel it.

Cory and Helen were walking to the direction to where the cave was. - Do you know where we're going? Helen asked.

- Yes, there's supposed to be a cave somewhere and I think that's the place we're supposed to go, Cory said.

Helen nodded her head. - Nice that you know which way it is, Helen said.