Where's the Key?

"I was five years old when I met my father for the first time. What do you expect? Must be a beautiful warm hug by a man to his tiny little boy," he took a pause.

I raised my head and looked at his watering eyes. His father was a gangster that's what was told to me. But importantly he was just following trails of his father. He has maintained the legacy and jumped into the same well.

He continued,"No! No any intense warm hug but Just a bundle of criticizing compliments both for my mother and me".

"That's not my concern nore my interest Jaan".

"Humph! Soon it'll become your interest so keep listening and shut your mouth", he shouted which raised my blood pressure and I shouted back

"You would have turned out to be a better person if you stayed with your father. Look at you filthy".

He took a turn towards me and pulled my hair tightly, it made me gasp

"Altamsah is my father and Maria is my mother"
I'm son of two monsters, who asked me to wipe the blood of your parents".

Every word was like a stabe into my throat. A hammer over my brain. By Maria he definitely means Momo. I scoffed and drag my self back into the corner of the room. It felt like many of my hair were plucked off.

"Amal What it must felt like? A ten years old boy throwing a dead body into the river along with his lovely father, hmmmm?"

"What happened that day? How come aunt lose me to all of you? I remember I was with Rakan who took me to the basement," instead of responding I put forward my question.

"Relax girl relax, take a deep breath and wait".
I wanted to cry louder and louder, but it was only going to weaken me infront of my enemy.

"Why you distanced your self ? I never wanted to hurt Amal, my heart never allowed me to hurt you. When it was scared and empty, the innocent face of a miserable girl filled it with colours and hope. I always planned to run and take you away from this hell full of criminals".

"Let me go!"

"You want to know what happened that night?"

"She sold you"

"What are you talking about? Who sold me?"

"Your newly known as Aunt Maham she sold you to dad. All of them were caught in basement. There was an exit down, she hide all of her kids under the table along with you. Moment she opened the door, Altamash was standing outside.
She begged him to leave her family. He offered her to trade "you" in return of their safety.
So she handed you over".

"Liar! Rakan would never have allowed such thing," I felt my legs trambeling with the fear that if it's True?

He laughed so hard in replay, "Poor mind, Rakan was just a kid back then".

"Shut up! I don't want to listen not even a single word. Just go away........ go away," my shouting just raised his anger but he got up and went out of the room.

What if.... what if it's the reality, aunt Maham was guilty over something and she even apologised when I visited their residence. Mix emotions of terror and confusion overcame the nerves, yet my hand made it's way down the mat and took out the cellphone.

With shaking hands I started composing a message to Rakan.

"I've been caught by them in the quarters. Get me out of here and be careful Jaan must be out there. Hurry up!"