She watched how he raised his hands to gently rub his forehead. He was getting a migraine already and that strong stench of alcohol, lord, just how many bottles did he have to drink?

"Why did you agree to babysit if you knew you weren't going to? I even called your office and you weren't there either. Don't you know how important it is that one of us has to be there? What if the press gets a hold of what's happening first? Do you even realize how much is at risk here? Have you forgotten how-"

"Could you please," He cut her off. "Could you not nag me right now? My head is pounding and I can't take any more of your imposing questions."

Was that it? Was he really not going to say anything about where he was? She watched him shut his eyes and then she exhaled. Her instincts were right, something was off. She could feel how sad he was from where she stood. She could tell how much of a burden he was trying to live with at that moment. She was just grateful he was back, maybe he didn't need to explain. Maybe she shouldn't know. She knew he needed to rest anyway.

She walked to the bed and then grabbed a pillow. She turned to leave.

"Where are you going?"

His voice brought her to a stop. She turned to him again. He was sitting straight and staring at her now. She looked around to make sure he was actually talking to her and then when she was sure he was, she shrugged her shoulders.

"What does it look like?" She asked him. "You're in my bed. I have to sleep in one of the guest rooms."

"Oh?" He raised one brow and scratched it gently. He had no idea how he even got there. He chuckled. "It's funny." He turned to Natalie who just watched him wondering what was so funny. "It's funny how we've been married for a while now and I've never actually been in your room. That's pretty insane."

Yes it was, but she wasn't the one that made the rules.

"We can't even sleep in the same bed." He tapped the bed gently.

Natalie rolled her eyes. He was obviously not sober yet and was still out of his mind. She had no intentions of entertaining his jokes.

"My own wife would rather spend the night in a guest room than share a bed with me. It's really crazy."

Natalie exhaled. She could see how water dripped from his clothes to the bed and from his shoes to the ground. That was the first time she had realized that he was actually soaked by the rain and he was probably going to fall asleep in all those wet clothes if she didn't do anything about it. The least she could do was help him out of it so he didn't catch a cold.

She could have called the maids or her Nanny but it was one - thirty in the morning and she didn't need to bother anyone. Plus it was a long walk to the staff quarters. This was her punishment anyway, part of what she had to go through for being the only one to care so much for a relationship with a man that didn't care about her. She exhaled, walking back to the bed and throwing the pillow back on it. Going to the guest room could wait till she had made sure he didn't have any reasons to catch a cold in the morning.

She walked to her dressing room and in a minute, she was out with a thick robe. She threw that on the bed too.

"You're dripping wet." She told him. "You need to get out of your clothes."

"What?"

Like she was going to repeat herself. She hurried to him and pulled off his jacket, being as gentle as she could. His shirt was next. Christian surprisingly sat still. She threw all the wet items on the ground and then turned to his shoes. It was time to get them off too. She squatted in front of him and reached for his right leg while he watched her. Giving her all of his attention. She pulled his shoe out.