16 "Pool"

Anna pov

Josh steps back and smiles, he splashes me and I slowly and over dramatically wipe my eyes "Josh Richards you are going to pay for that!" I threaten, Josh smiles grows more. I swim towards him and he starts swimming backwards, we continue moving until I can reach the floor. I put my feet on the floor and start walking towards Josh, he is smiling widely. I begin splashing him, and he splashes me back and it turns into a full on war. However, little does he know that I grew up with a pool, and the champion at water fights, Anthony.

I interlock my fingers and move towards Josh, he tilts his heads and a confused smile plasters on his face. I lift my arms up, and hit the water hard, a fountain of water shoots up and frowns Josh. I begin to laugh and Josh stares at me, "Where did that come from?" He ask in a little bit of shook, "10 years of sharing a swimming pool with Anthony!" I state, Josh nods and goes to grab my waist.

I start to swim backwards to get away from Josh, I could hear him laugh. I kept swimming as fast as my legs could, I look back at the spot where Josh was, I look around to see that he is not anywhere to be seen. I feel hands being placed on my thighs and climb higher, I then get lifted above the water and I stare down at Josh.
He slowly lets his hands slide up to my waist and I come down slightly, I place my nose on his and he looks up into my eyes.

Our eyes become level, and I almost get lost in his, a spark lights up inside me and makes my heart shine. "I love you!" I whisper, "I love you too!" Josh whispers back, I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. "Josh?" I say, "yes baby!" He answers, "Thank you for everything and for helping me when I start to feel insecure, you really make me feel loved!" I state. I watch as Josh's pupils grow, and I remember on TikTok that there was a thing about if your boyfriends pupils grew that they love you.

"Anna?" Josh says in a caring tone, "Yess!" I respond, "You are the most perfect girl I have ever met, your smile brightens up everyone's day, your voice can put anyone in a trance, and your complexion can make anyone fall head over heels. I love you Anna Reeves and nothing can change that!" Josh lovingly says. I could feel my cheeks burning, I scrunch my nose up and smile, Josh removes one of his hands from my waist and brings to my face.

His thumb begins tracing my lips, I just stay still and stare at him, his thumb runs over my cheek and he leans in and gently lays his soft lips onto mine. I slowly kiss back and he starts to deepen the kiss, the kiss starts to fill with passion. I bring my hands up into his hair and he brings his hand back to my waist, his tongue slips into my mouth and mine into his. His fingers make shapes on my back, he pulls his mouth from mine and begins kissing down my neck. I massage his scalp whilst he continues to kiss my neck.

"Josh!" I whisper, Josh stops and brings his face back up to mine "Do you wanna go get food?" I ask with a nervous smile growing on my face, "Sure!" He replies. He takes his hands off of my waist and gets out of the pool. The word "Sure" kept replaying in my head, and I began to feel nervous and I realise that I probably messed up and he is more than likely mad at me for ruining the moment.

I swim over to the steps and take a deep breath, I step onto the step and I had become so nervous that I messed up that my legs start to wobble. I continue to walk up the steps, but every time I place my foot down my legs became weaker and the side of my leg began to kill. I let out a shaky breath and try to keep on walking, it became so painful that I stood still and gently let my eyes close. When I go to step, my leg completely went and I fall backwards and onto my ass.

Josh pov

"Sure!" I reply and get out of the swimming pool, I grab my towel and head inside. "Shit!" I whisper, in that moment I knew I fucked up, I probably sounded like a complete jerk. I breathe in and turn on my heel, I walk back towards the door, I look at Anna sitting on the floor, what have I done. I run outside and sit down next to Anna, her hands covering her face, I could hear her shaky and nervous breath.

I remove her hand from her face and wipe her tears, "Anna are you ok?" I ask, she looks at me "I'm fine!" She answers, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to seem rude and you didn't upset me, but I know I have upset you!" I apologise. She didn't say anything back, I wrap my arms around her and begin rubbing circles on her back. She buries her face in my chest and sits on my legs with her arms engulfing me.

We stay like this for a couple of minutes, and then stand up and head inside. "Where are we going?" I ask, rubbing my thumb on the back of her hand. "McDonald's!" She responds with a big and bright grin, I roll my eyes and smile at her.

A/n VERY IMPORTANT!
Can you check out my new book
"Please don't go (A.R and J.R)"
I would really appreciate if you could read it and show it love.

Also thank you @darkerstarss for helping with ideas for this chapter!!

And i love every single one of you!!

Please leave ideas in the comments or message me because I don't know what to write and I would also love my audience input ❤️❤️