richie

trigger warning?

-

Dear Richie,

i'm so fucking sorry. i hate that i'm doing this to you but it'll be okay. you'll find a new best friend. but before you do i just want to say how much i truly love you.

you are my best friend, no one tops you rich. i get that we have ups and downs and maybe not the most normal friendship but you're still my best friend.

i remember the first time you snuck into my room, you threw a rock at my window. i was so scared until i saw it was just you. i opened the window and you climbed up the tree. you tried climbing into my room and almost fell, you're definitely not easy to sneak in. but you somehow didn't wake my mom.

i asked you why you were here, you just said "i wanted to see my eds" gosh how much i hated that nickname. but hearing that made me happy. that someone actually wanted to see me. we decided it would be best for you to sleepover.

you slept on the floor and i slept on my bed. sometime in the middle of the night i woke up from a bad dream. i was crying and i couldn't breath. i didn't want to wake you but i needed my inhaler. i couldn't see good because of the tears in my eyes so i wasn't the quietest.

you woke up to see me struggling and you helped me and calmed me down you held me until i fell asleep. i'm guessing you fell asleep too because i woke up the next morning to my head on your chest. it was nice.

then the first time we skipped class. we went to the study hall because no teachers went there unless it was study hour. we sat there and just talk and joked. don't get me wrong, you're my best friend but your jokes are terrible.

we didn't get caught. and we skipped class at least once a week, i don't know how my mom didn't find out but it wouldn't have mattered. i was with you, that's all that matters.

i remember our first fight.
we planned to hang out but i canceled so i could hang out with Bill. that night you snuck in through my window and you would have usually sat down but you stood up and stared at me.

i asked what was wrong and you just rolled your eyes.

"eddie, we were supposed to hang out. you canceled last minute to hang out with Bill. we haven't hung out in a while. what the fuck."

looking back i get it was my fault. i just shrugged and didn't listen. you left and the last thing you said was, "we're best friends. but right now. i don't know what we are." and you left with tears in your eyes. i didn't cry. i was mad. i don't know why i was mad but i was.

we didn't talk for a week after that so at Bills house beverly shoved us in the closet and told us to 'work out our shit' and we did. we talked and cried and in the end it was fine. i'm glad we got it worked out.

Chee, you're my best friend. i couldn't have made it this far without you. i don't want you to blame yourself. you couldn't have helped. i was going through my own shit.

i'm sorry for being so distant lately. we haven't talk nor hung out in a while and i'm sorry. but this one night i was outside and you saw me and sat on the roof with me.

you almost saw my cuts on my leg and thats why i got up in a rush and that the next morning i wouldn't even lock eyes with you.

but listen, don't be sad. be happy. because know you're all going to get a fresh start and find a new best friend. someone that won't have a crazy mom and a dead dad. someone that won't be suicidal and fucked up. you'll find someone who will make you 10x happier.

just stay alive for the losers, for me.
stay strong and i'm sorry for not being there for you. i bet you were going through your own shit and i just made it harder. but you'll always be my number one rich.

i love you so goddam much chee

Love, Eds

-

richie just looked around and saw everyone was done with their notes. they all looked at him as he sobbed. they all pulled him into a hug and held him. they knew this would be harder for him since they were best friends. but it would be okay. he would be okay. eddie would be okay.

-

authors note

so like. the notes are done. and the next chapter should be eddie waking up?
i hope you've enjoyed these and the notes.

if you guys are ever struggling please pm me and i'll help you out.

not proofread
846 words